I get cranky

I think my 'cranky' period is three weeks. I WANT to fly every day but if I haven't, by the 3rd week I'm starting to get ticked.

1 year, 5 months, 24 days without flight, this time. have had one period of 5 years without a long time ago.

Yeah I shoot for a flight once a week, if not the withdrawal symptoms begin to occur.

At least you folks can fly when you want to. Right now I do not have a current medical so I can't be PIC. If I fly I have to be with someone that can be PIC.

Haven't seen my airplane since before Thanksgiving. Cranky doesn't cover it.

It's a beautiful day, 75 degrees, CAVU, and I'm waiting on shipment of a new tire for my aircraft. :(

Of course I'm checking UPS tracking info...tirelessly. :)

For me, the itch to fly gets really bad at about the two week mark. I typically fly once a week.

I haven’t flown since the Real Southeast POA fly-in at GMU. I’m extra cranky as well.

I recently went several weeks without flying. I was cranky enough to start a thread about it. Thankfully, I've been able to get a couple flights since then. Hoping for a flight tomorrow after about 7 days without.

I try to fly twice a week,however over the holidays I went 45 days without flying. Talk about cranky.

Haven't seen my airplane since before Thanksgiving. Cranky doesn't cover it.
I think it’s worse that I see mine every day. It’s got no engine on it right now and I’m writing more checks now than when I was flying it.

Not only do I get cranky, my plane gets cranky too and starts to have issues never seen before.

Bless me Father for I have Flown. My last flight was...weeks ago

I did 1.4 Saturday after our EAA 172 meeting. I wanted to fly into the "Pea Patch" for the meeting but it rained Friday and I was afraid the turf strip would be a mess. I went to the airport after our meeting and flew to see a friend at another airport to check out his hangar and RV. It has been pretty cold here but usually warms up above 40 by lunch time.

On a side note, anyone around the Augusta Ga area, we have our EAA meetings at lunch time on the second Saturday of each month. If you are ever looking for someplace to fly, everybody is welcome to fly in to 61GA and have lunch with us. Sometimes we meet at KDNL. Just check the website for meeting dates and locations. I think they list lunch at 12:30 but it is good to show up around 11:30. We usually have a short meeting and some type of aviation related presentation after lunch.
https://eaa172.org

Last edited:
Did 4.6 this saturday...clear and a million, other than -23F ambient on the ground ....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Between work and wx, down for 6 weeks. In my mind's eye I see the cam corroding, seals cracking...OMG! I've forgotten how to land...

Back