iPad internet W/O WiFi ?

If it is a cellular-equipped model, get a SIM from your carrier if choice and proceed accordingly.

If not, either tether to your cellphone, or get a portable hotspot.

Bluetooth tethering from ur phone. It is little flaky

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We once used a Linux Raspberry Pi with WiFi and AX25 software connected to a digital VHF radio to create an access point for mobile devices. It provided internet access on school buses...it was slow, but totally free since there was no need for cellular data.

Bluetooth tethering from ur phone. It is little flaky

:dunno: Interesting. I've never done Bluetooth tethering. How is that done?

I've been doing hotspot tethering from my phone to my tablet (and to my laptop) for 7 years when WiFi was not available. Very reliable. Since that works so well why do something flaky?

:dunno: Interesting. I've never done Bluetooth tethering. How is that done?

I've been doing hotspot tethering from my phone to my tablet (and to my laptop) for 7 years when WiFi was not available. Very reliable. Since that works so well why do something flaky?
On my galaxy S7, while enabling tethering there is an option to use either wifi or Bluetooth. I have tried using bluetooth, the iPad at times looses connection, or is painfully slow while on the bluetooth tether.
eea5ef6b6199e1b9a2b6213d0a035f44.jpg

On my galaxy S7, while enabling tethering there is an option to use either wifi or Bluetooth. I have tried using bluetooth, the iPad at times looses connection, or is painfully slow while on the bluetooth tether.

Thanks. Never even thought of BT as an option. Guess I still won't ;)

We once used a Linux Raspberry Pi with WiFi and AX25 software connected to a digital VHF radio to create an access point for mobile devices. It provided internet access on school buses...it was slow, but totally free since there was no need for cellular data.

Don’t most of the digipeaters want you to begin your session with a GPS position report? APRS?

Paul

How does such a setup handle https?

Back