20 fastest speeding tickets in Texas in 2017

Speeding enforcement is about money, not safety. States like VA looked at cash taken in vs. expenses of airborne enforcement and did away with it. You still need troopers on the ground to stop the speeder, add to that the opex of a 2-crew aircraft and it is hard to make money.
Much easier to put up red light cameras and automated speed traps.
Colorado still does airborne enforcement. Nick had a thread about his encounter with it.

The CSP has a transportation mission along with enforcement so they have a couple paths to budget justification. I’ve also seen them orbiting at night so maybe surveillance is on the list. Other thing to say is the state sure buys nice radios - those guys are louder than everyone else in the air.

The funniest thing is I never got a speeding ticket doing the insane things I've done on bikes. All the tickets I've gotten were for dumb stuff on local roads.

Got a buddy that probably would have made that list (per "expert" police analysis) except a station wagon changed lanes in front of him.

The amazing thing is he survived and is doing fine today.
Guy I work for has had numerous motorcycle crashes at 180+. (but they were all on race tracks)

One year I lost my mind and went straight line racing. I went through the timers at 200.003 in a quarter mile, the fastest clocked speed I have done. The usual speeds were around 185 to 190. And stopping was harder on my body than the quick acceleration.

(nitro is a great fuel additive to methyl alcohol)

Last edited:
I consulted for a city for a while, which was also the county seat; the city put up a speed trap after a few pedestrians were tapped by speeders. Caught a lot of lawyers, pols, and State and County cops going to court and work. City police chief didn't let anybody off - guy had integrity. Most of the pols were smart enough to sign the ticket and move along. Judges were the worst, but didn't have any leverage with the city gov't.

Only speeding ticket I've gotten, knock on wood, was from a bike cop. He waved me over, held his hand out for my license and handed a ticket back 30 seconds later. Didn't say a word to me. He just pointed at the road when he was walking off.

Ziek Ducati.jpg I have been on fast bikes and in fast cars for the last 28 years.... I have had several bikes that will hit right at the 200 mph mark. I don't baby by stuff, if it goes fast I ride or drive it fast. I have a couple of fast bikes now that I just get out on the 4 lane highway by the house and go as fast as they will go. Then they go back in the garage :)
Actually last week I passed a Sheriff at 165mph in my Vette.... He did not turn around. I slowed down to the speed limit and about 5 miles up the road another Sheriff turned around and got behind me. I turned on a backroad to go home. He followed me almost all the way home and never pulled me over. LOL!
My son is a speed demon also, he is not afraid to go fast. He is 14 and he rides my 1290 Superduke and Ducati 1198

Only speeding ticket I've gotten, knock on wood, was from a bike cop. He waved me over, held his hand out for my license and handed a ticket back 30 seconds later. Didn't say a word to me. He just pointed at the road when he was walking off.

I can only dream of such efficiency.

350 lb plus Officer McNugget wanted to talk to me for half an hour about all sorts of things and said I was the “nicest guy he pulled over all day”.

Apparently my bobble head nod and fake smile were quite convincing. LOL. The only memorable part of the conversation was when someone blew by us doing 40 over and the poor sap says, “That’s the guy I’ve been trying to catch all week!” SMH.

The only memorable part of the conversation was when someone blew by us doing 40 over and the poor sap says, “That’s the guy I’ve been trying to catch all week!” SMH.

True story. I was on US7 in VT one night between Bennington and Rutland headed north to go skiing at Killington. Back then VT had a stupid low speed limit of 50mph on rural highways, and I was running a comfortable 70-75 or so. I come over a rise and see oncoming headlights and get instant on radar. Hit the brakes and drive the speed limit. Well, after a minute I see he's turned around, lit up, and coming after me. By then I've entered a small town, so I find a good spot and pull over.

VT statie, typical license, reg, ins, hand him the paperwork and off to his car he goes. Right after, a white BMW 3 series goes by fast enough to shake both of our cars. Officer Friendly comes running back to my car, literally throws my paperwork thru my window at me, and yells "This is your lucky day. That guy just blew by us at 70mph in a 35 zone while I was lit up, who the HELL does he think HE is?" and goes running back to his car and tears out after the BMW.

Five miles up the road I see my buddy on the side of the road with that white BMW...

Because they weren't a Prince fan?

[No, no, no... not THAT again]

"All Corvettes are red - the rest were just mistakes."

My fastest was on the A8 from Stuttgart to Munich... 240 km/h about 150 MPH.... But the car I was in was designed to do that...

Years ago I had worked on my VW Bus engine.. took it from a 1.8L to a 2.2L with a single Weber and a few other go-fast goodies... Was doing about 80-85 when the speed limit was 55. Needles to say the CHP pulled me over.. After convincing him that something was wrong and I doubt I could hit 65 he wrote me up for that...

After he hands me the ticket he asked what I had in the back.... turned out he was a VW motor-head too...

True story. I was on US7 in VT one night between Bennington and Rutland headed north to go skiing at Killington. Back then VT had a stupid low speed limit of 50mph on rural highways, and I was running a comfortable 70-75 or so. I come over a rise and see oncoming headlights and get instant on radar. Hit the brakes and drive the speed limit. Well, after a minute I see he's turned around, lit up, and coming after me. By then I've entered a small town, so I find a good spot and pull over.

VT statie, typical license, reg, ins, hand him the paperwork and off to his car he goes. Right after, a white BMW 3 series goes by fast enough to shake both of our cars. Officer Friendly comes running back to my car, literally throws my paperwork thru my window at me, and yells "This is your lucky day. That guy just blew by us at 70mph in a 35 zone while I was lit up, who the HELL does he think HE is?" and goes running back to his car and tears out after the BMW.

Five miles up the road I see my buddy on the side of the road with that white BMW...

Again, I could only hope for such efficiency.

I doubt Deputy Donut could have run to his car if he tried.

Back