Trump TFR at Dobbins

Somedudeintn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
somedudeintn
Just looked and saw one of the TFR’s were centered over Dobbins. I seem to recall Obama always coming into KATL whenever visiting downtown Atlanta. I’m sure there is a lot that goes into the decision of where AF1 lands but this is the first time I’ve noticed AF1 to dobbins.

Has this been a normal occurrence in the past?

Just looked and saw one of the TFR’s were centered over Dobbins. I seem to recall Obama always coming into KATL whenever visiting downtown Atlanta. I’m sure there is a lot that goes into the decision of where AF1 lands but this is the first time I’ve noticed AF1 to dobbins.

Most Presidents in my memory (probably Carter and later) have flown into Dobbins. 10K foot runways, military security, no impact on commercial traffic, etc. Obama generally flew into Hartsfield. I would guess that was a political arrangement between him and the city.

Are you sure about previous presidents landing at ATL? Dobbins is about three jazillions times easier to secure. I think I recall GWB flying into Dobbins, I don't remember where Obama flew into.

Last edited:
Most Presidents in my memory (probably Carter and later) have flown into Dobbins. 10K foot runways, military security, no impact on commercial traffic, etc. Obama generally flew into Hartsfield. I would guess that was a political arrangement between him and the city.

I wasn’t a pilot before Obama so those are the only TFR’s I ever noticed. I think flying into Dobbins makes a lot more sense but was just surprised about the change.

TFR ends st 11:30 so he must not be planning on staying for the whole game.

TFR ends st 11:30 so he must not be planning on staying for the whole game.

Honestly, I can't figure out why he came for it in the first place. AFAIK, he isn't a college football fan, and certainly has no tie to the two teams.

His arrival really jacked up my evening commute (I live right across the interstate from Dobbins), and also messed with my ability to get my son to basketball practice.

F6BE480B-D9DE-4EBB-91BC-8A43484281E7.jpeg
Pretty sure Obama went to ATL every time he visited. I know at least on one occasion because we both landed almost simultaneously.

Honestly, I can't figure out why he came for it in the first place. AFAIK, he isn't a college football fan, and certainly has no tie to the two teams.

His arrival really jacked up my evening commute (I live right across the interstate from Dobbins), and also messed with my ability to get my son to basketball practice.

That seems like a common thread with most every POTUS. They always do things and go places after they get in office that they didn't do or go to before.

Maybe moreso to support the kids of college football and contrast his public opposition to the NFL’s decisions. It doesn’t really seem like there is a good reason though, that’s all I can come up with.

Wasn't his ex-wife from Ga , or lives there? Didn't see the first lady, things that make ya go hmmm....

Marla Maples

Wasn't his ex-wife from Ga , or lives there? Didn't see the first lady, things that make ya go hmmm....

Marla Maples

She's from Dalton, Ga. A former coworker went to high school with her. Thanks for the reminder . . . . Call it 90 minutes up I75 from Dobbins.

She's from Dalton, Ga. A former coworker went to high school with her. Thanks for the reminder . . . . Call it 90 minutes up I75 from Dobbins.

Shoot Trump has a copter available to him, 10 minutes from Dobbins, a quick, yeah quick visit, back to Dobbins and 747 it back to DC before Melnia realizes where he's been.

A guy I worked for took her to the prom. He related that she was fairly wild. Actually, he said more than that, but...

Georgia mountain girl, they wild.

Yuuuuup!

c92eaac603efc7622d0006166bceccde7c3c1783a433cf279f500abc4a149362_large

Most have landed at Dobbins. Obama typically landed at Hartsfield. I don't know why the difference.

The worst was Clinton. He seemed to land at Dobbins and was driven to somewhere in mid-town or downtown at rush hour. Every. Stinking. Time. :mad::mad::mad: It was as if his planning coordinator just hated everyone in Atlanta. Our rush hour traffic is bad enough.

I heard it was something to do with the MLK Jr center, but I’m not sure. His presence didn’t help the game, secret service was running all the gates! Over an hour wait in the cold rain!!

Back