Are Large or small jets easier to fly?

Bradley W

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
American459
I think large jets are easier to fly. The automation and steering response of a boeing 737 is amazing. The 737 is so nimble.
The cessna 172 can be difficult to fly.

Too broad of a statement. It depends on the jet.

Corporate jets (numerous types), boeings, airbus??? The breakdown between those manufacturers??

Too broad of a statement. It depends on the jet.

Corporate jets (numerous types), boeings, airbus??? The breakdown between those manufacturers??

Ya know, big jet vs. small jet. Example, A380 vs. Cirrus. How hard is it for you to compare the two? Geesh! And you call yourself a pro!

;)

Ya know, big jet vs. small jet. Example, A380 vs. Cirrus. How hard is it for you to compare the two? Geesh! And you call yourself a pro!

;)
An a321 vs a corporate jet is a lot different.

To be honest, I found the smaller jets easier to fly. The basic reason is less energy management. The heavier the plane the more energy management required. I suppose that varies. For example the A320 only has 1/2 airbrakes with AP engaged, yet the 321 has full. Further more the 321 won’t allow airbrakes with the same flap settings as the 320.

Point is to fly a speed to FAF is a bit different than a smaller airplane.

<-- Is amused when simmers talk about 'flying' planes. 'Piloting' I would accept but not 'flying'.

All airplanes are very easy to fly...as long as you're ahead of them. Get behind in a 172 and it can be extremely difficult or deadly, same thing for any airplane of any size. I fly an MD11, only 195 built and one (off the top of my head) hull loss due to inflight fire, the rest, approximately ten due to landing accidents. Considered the least forgiving of the transport category jets. I love it but I describe it as a jet powered tail dragger...ie. you fly until the end of the landing roll. The easiest transport category? The Boeing 757...a 172 with more power than you can imagine...it really flies like a small plane...just make it do what you would in a 172 and you will have fun. Next is the 747...Boeing just knows how to build a pilots airplane.

A photo from his IOE:
engine.jpg

That kid is doing it better than I do! And from the left seat, so for more money too. :)
Tell him that, not me..! You might find him sitting next to you on your next trip if you’re not careful.

;)
Dude.... cirrus have chute, no comparison

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Basically a mom's basement PC sim pilot who feels that qualifies him to speak intelligently on aviation matters. At least that has been my impression.

Nope he just posts silly stuff to get a reaction... which I believe is the definition of a troll. I find the comedic value in his posts.

The great Bradley W...one of the best pilots of our time

I think guys like this wouldn’t get jumped on as bad if they opened with the fact that they’re talking about PC sims, and don’t have experience in the real airplane.

No way man Bradley is a premier 737 Driver. One of the best. He has like over 100 type ratings

I agree. The 172 has crazy turning tendencies that make the airplane always want to go in a direction you didn't tell it to go. Plus, it has multiple flap speed with no speed protections. You have to be super careful so you dont overspeed. With the 737, you can go to sleep at the gate and it does everything for you. Plus if it ever gets itself into an unusual attitude, you can go full afterburner and just climb out of it. It rolls like a fighter, too.

I think guys like this wouldn’t get jumped on as bad if they opened with the fact that they’re talking about PC sims, and don’t have experience in the real airplane.

How hard can it be? Just some buttons and knobs...

And in actuality, I doubt he has ever even flown a simulator but just a flight training device which is what “PC sims” basically are.

And in actuality, I doubt he has ever even flown a simulator but just a flight training device which is what “PC sims” basically are.

Then why is it called Microsoft Flight Simulator, and not Microsoft Flight Training Device?

I think large jets are easier to fly. The automation and steering response of a boeing 737 is amazing. The 737 is so nimble.
The cessna 172 can be difficult to fly.

Bradley could you make a YouTube video to show me how to turn on the A.S.H. receiver and automated googalizer in the 737?

Thanks for your time. Best regards.

He has said in a recent post that he plays the ‘sim’, but his posts are so oddly juvenile that I still question if he’s actually a troll or not. He’s lasted longer than any of his predecessors if that is the case.

I'm sure he'll make a great heavy pilot....might need to work on the deep pilot voice a lil.:D

Back