More than likely, too good to be TSO'd/true

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/in/vsi_0browse/swiftvsi.php#faq_tab

No brand name, no information about approved for certified aircraft (which I've already asked the questions but no reply yet) but uses MEMS technology at a very affordable price. I'm replacing all my foggy instruments and saw this one as I was browsing.

Side question: Any instrument manufacturers that I shouldn't consider?

That's the plan if this one isn't approved for certified aircraft. Spruce knows people are going to ask questions about manufacturer and TSO, so it looks like they should just put that information in the description up front. I've used AQI for my airspeed indicator and wasn't 100% pleased but satisfied nonetheless. I sent in one that had knots and mph on it and got back one with just mph. Not a big deal since all my speeds are in mph anyway so I didn't complain.

If you do call them and discuss things pleasantly I bet they’d fix it. They replaced a HI with only a brief discussion of the behavior I was seeing.

If the Spruce catalog doesn't say it's TSO's for certificated aircraft, it almost certainly isn't.

"this gauge satisfies the need of pilot for steep haul-up and haul-down"

I've heard a lot of different terms for pilot actions, but never heard of climbs and descents as "haul-ups" and "haul-downs". At least I think that's what they mean.

Multiply by 3.281 and you will be closer.

Anyway if ya actually look at the catalog feet-per-minute scales are available at the same price.

And remember, a VSI is not a required instrument.

Just got answered, experimental only of course. :rolleyes:

Who manufactures these and are they TSOd for certified aircraft?
These are Swift instruments and they are NOT FAA TSO Approved. These are intended for us in experimental aircraft only.

Back