Vitamins.....I think....maybe not

can't recall if you took your vitamins, what do you do?

• Total voters

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
so you wake up, do some stuff, then wander into the kitchen, see your bottle of multivitamins on the counter and for the life of you, can't recall if you took them today. do you say screw it and take them anyways, possibly for the second time? do you take a day off and take them tomorrow? I don't know either, this is all so very confusing for me.

may as well end it and shoot yoself

nah skip and resume tomorrow

Multi-vitamins are too much for my tummy. It will return the pill.

The problem is ,if you choose to skip that day,how sure are you ,that you remember to take them the next day. Reminds me I have to take my acid pill.

He could take them with his male enhancement pills. That should be a good reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped taking multi vitamins because I'm worried about the presence of copper and that it might contribute to decreased mental faculty in older people. I try o get good nutrition from the food I eat.

If you can't remember whether you took them, they are obviously not working.

Very few otherwise healthy people in the US are vitamin deficient. A giant industry that feeds off anxieties and the desire to remain young forever.

These days I am only taking D (50,000iu/week) and the AREDS formula. AREDS pills are delicious chewable and if I forget whether I took one I just take another.

see your bottle of multivitamins on the counter and for the life of you, can't recall if you took them today. do you say screw it and take them anyways, possibly for the second time? .

Hell, I get into the shower sometimes and can't remember if I've washed my hair or not yet.

...maybe I should look into vitamins.

Hell, I get into the shower sometimes and can't remember if I've washed my hair or not yet.

...maybe I should look into vitamins.
Just shave your head.

I can't find my glasses half the time to tell if it's a vitamin or a muscle relaxer for my bad back.
So I just spin the wheel and take it.
Figure I'll know either when I don't go to sleep or when I wake up.

Need to B vitamins lol

Very few otherwise healthy people in the US are vitamin deficient. A giant industry that feeds off anxieties and the desire to remain young forever.

^^^^ Exactly.^^^^
Except for the few people who have a condition or disease for which a specific 'vital amine' is needed, most vitamins consumed are completely unnecessary and unproven by any scientific study. (and can be toxic)

In addition to the two motivations above, people want "a pill" instead of exercise or a better diet.

Just think of how our nation could better spend that 3-4 Billion dollars instead.

^^^^ Exactly.^^^^
Except for the few people who have a condition or disease for which a specific 'vital amine' is needed, most vitamins consumed are completely unnecessary and unproven by any scientific study. (and can be toxic)

In addition to the two motivations above, people want "a pill" instead of exercise or a better diet.

Just think of how our nation could better spend that 3-4 Billion dollars instead.

This. I've never bought multi vitamins in my entire life. Last time I took one regularly was elementary school because my mom made me.

^^^^ Exactly.^^^^

There is data to support Folic acid supplentation for women with a child wish and the AREDS combination for anyone at risk for adult macular degenerations. Most of the vitamin eating beyond that just feeds the bacteria in the water treatment plant.

There is data to support Folic acid supplentation for women with a child wish and the AREDS combination for anyone at risk for adult macular degenerations. Most of the vitamin eating beyond that just feeds the bacteria in the water treatment plant.
Right. The "conditions or diseases" mentioned. But for most ie 90% plus of the population, vitamins as well as the entire nutritional supplement industry is a huge farce wasting BILLIONS of dollars and giving people false hope, occasionally making them sick.

"Winter" formulation of C, D, and E seems like a good booster especially if you live in the Great White North.

Right. The "conditions or diseases" mentioned. But for most ie 90% plus of the population, vitamins as well as the entire nutritional supplement industry is a huge farce wasting BILLIONS of dollars and giving people false hope, occasionally making them sick.

We are in complete agreement.

Being vitamin C deficient may put you at an increased risk of infection. Eating above normal doses of vitamin C just puts you at a risk of oxalate kidney stones.

We are in complete agreement.

Being vitamin C deficient may put you at an increased risk of infection. Eating above normal doses of vitamin C just puts you at a risk of oxalate kidney stones.
Where did the Gubermint's "RDA" come from? The same people who came up with the "food pyramid"?

You must not drink enough. Enough Jack Daniel's and Bud Light you get real vitamin deficient real quick.

That's right, PBR more better! Just chock full of vitamins. In fact my Dr told me if I'm gonna drink real beer, make it PBR. I swear she did, honest injun.

Oh oh, can I say injun here? :dunno:

That's right, PBR more better! Just chock full of vitamins. In fact my Dr told me if I'm gonna drink real beer, make it PBR. I swear she did, honest injun.

Oh oh, can I say injun here? :dunno:

My brother said his doctor told him to avoid beer and drink straight whiskey instead, it's much healthier. Fewer calories or some such.

You really can't do vitamins incorrectly. If you take two doses by accident you'll be fine, your body with dispose of any excess. If you forget you'll be just fine, you can miss a day of vitamins. Your other medications, not so much.

My brother said his doctor told him to avoid beer and drink straight whiskey instead, it's much healthier. Fewer calories or some such.

I was just joking Rushie, my Doc would never say that lol.

I was just joking Rushie, my Doc would never say that lol.

I knew you were, I could tell when you swore she did. :D

I can't say for sure my brother's doctor really told him that, it's hear say, but that's what he told me. But if the doctor did, the way my brother relayed it was probably out of context. It may have more like, well if you must drink alcohol at least choose a kind that doesn't have carbs.

I'll take it if I can't remember. I'll take two on Saturdays and Sundays when I've had too many Busch lattes too.

Back