Where is monkey?

I want to touch the monkey

il_570xN.223083921.jpg

G-man already has plans to get the monkey to me so I can get him back to Gastons.
Now if I have that little siht from Oct to April, you can be damned sure, I am keeping him locked up and making a documentary about all his shenanigans

The Monkey is in major timeout, rehab, on ice, whatever you want to call it. More details and pictures soon, but like a frustrated step parent, I'm ready to give up and send him to live with his Funny Uncle 6PC...

The Monkey!! The Monkey has returned! He just got back from a cool trip to New Mexico, where he saw a tarantula thrice his size crossing the road. Oh, hell, no, there is no picture of the two of them together! Any spider you can see from the car while traveling at 75mph is way too big to be photographed with our fragile monkey.

But The Monkey did spend some time at the New Mexico Museum of Space History in Alamogordo, NM! Here he is with a mockup of the Space Shuttle cockpit, enjoying the Star Trek exhibit, and climbing up the outside of a Saturn V rocket booster engine!

DSC_3702.JPG

DSC_3709.JPG

DSC_3718.JPG

Check out this other post for a somber and serious photo of The Monkey honoring his revered ancestor, and an important announcement about the future of The Monkey!

---> https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...oshkosh-and-beyond.96649/page-18#post-2380167

While all the cool POAers are yucking it up at Gaston's, The Monkey is languishing in Colorado. His next trip is to Arizona for the Copperstate Fly-In at Mesa on October 27-28.

Who's taking custody?
Pilawt?
AzBlackbird?
Who else is out there, and brave enough to take The Monkey?

Don't let The Monkey just fade to obscurity like a losing vice presidential candidate. Take him, show him some fun, and restore him to his former glory!

Will anyone take custody of The Monkey at the Copperstate Fly In in Mesa, Arizona on Friday or Saturday?
Please let me know by 9pm tonight.

I think it's PoA that's run it's course. the monkey will live on. but it's not complete until he's affixed to my panel. poor @G-Man , the guy wants out!

Don't let The Monkey just fade to obscurity like a losing vice presidential candidate. Take him, show him some fun, and restore him to his former glory!

Maybe Monkey is writing a book of excuses and blaming others of why he lost, wait, he wasn't running was he. Never mind.

never-mind-gilda-radner-rosanne-rosannadanna.jpg

image.jpeg I am enroute to Arizona and the Copperstate Fly In. The Monkey is not with me. That's right, this is a rare photo of an empty glass The Monkey did not consume. I don't know what will happen to The Monkey, and he's been forgotten like last year's Oscar runner-up. Maybe The Monkey goes to DenverPilot?

And poor @G-Man , you need another drink! And I don't even remember (or care) who were last years Oscar Winners were, let alone the runners up. :)

This seems to be the most recent thread on The Monkey...

We went flying in what I hope will be my last adventure with The Monkey. Pattern work in a Cessna 182 to shake the rust off. That's my rust - I didn't let The Monkey take the controls. Those wild in-flight oscillations were not my flying, but The Monkey and I wrestling for control of the yoke. At least, that's what I told the FSDO.

We took off behind this Galaxie 500 bizjet and I'm pleased to say waiting 90 seconds meant zero perceptible wake turbulence.

Next Saturday, The Monkey goes to our Colorado POA event and leaves with someone else. Maybe Midlife Flyer? Maybe Denver Pilot?

IMG_1381.jpg

Holy cow! I found this picture of the monkey the other day- he is looking at a UFO on the top left of the frame !!!

176FE9A9-8E86-48DA-8043-AF2E8736C41C.png

The monkey has most certainly completed it's objectives. Plus after a such a hard charging life, it's normal for life to slow down after a while.

I think what we need now is something in say southern Florida and something in Seattle to exchange places...but this time it's a real race and the winner gets bragging rights. Who wants to donate something?

Same rules, no legs longer than 500 miles. You can fly in both directions, but you cannot pickup or hand off to the same person.

Local knowledge on how to get around the Rockies.

Back