"Is there anything else you'd like to try?"

"Yes, I'd like to get out to the airport and try to catch the earlier flight home!"

Best answer yet! That is my response most of the time.

However, living in Guam, we are usually in one of the last sim sessions of the day and that means leaving the next morning. ☹️

However, living in Guam, we are usually in one of the last sim sessions of the day and that means leaving the next morning. ☹️

That would give me a little time to relax and enjoy an adult malted beverage or 4.....

One place, well known for sim training, scheduled me at 3am. I said fine, see you at 8....

Our last session ends at 2 am. They start again at 6 am. That gives the sim technicians 4 hours to do whatever maintenance needs to be done.

I hate that time slot.

Our last session ends at 2 am. They start again at 6 am. That gives the sim technicians 4 hours to do whatever maintenance needs to be done.

I hate that time slot.

My company uses the same system. The sims if nothing else need their daily checks to be legal to train in.

"Yes, I'd like to get out to the airport and try to catch the earlier flight home!"

As I was a commuter, this was always in the back of my mind IF we finished early. Hmm I can catch the 11am if I haul ass to the terminal. But we rarely finished up early, too many things to cover for two pilots, Capt and FO.

Last edited:
The way I fix it is to ask, "Is there anything you'd like work on or do you want me to pick?" Most guys come up with something.

Back