Pan Am Clipper Crew Scheduling

MD11Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MD11Pilot
I have done some Google searches but so far no luck. My son is a Clipper era fan and we were discussing how and what a schedule for a Crew looked like. Anyone aware of a source that might have a sample?

Wow... tough assignment. I know a couple guys that *may* have some insight, but haven’t talked with them in a while.

I’m wondering if flight safety at LGA has any leads to the info. Not that FSI itself would have the info, but could perhaps steer you in the right direction??

Also I wouldn’t doubt there are some old “clipper clubs”. Try a google search.
I’m guessing most are long gone from Delta.

I don't have a schedule but I do have an artifact from a Clipper that I would like to share with the group that is on loan to the Pima Air and Space Museum, but the system will not let me upload a file. Am I missing something?

Button next to Post Replyupload a file.png

Yep, doing that several times, also went to More Options where you can do the same, no joy. Maybe its just my computer.

Found a little but we are looking for the flying boat stuff.

Mainly flight crew. Just trying to see what a bid package would look like.

Found a little but we are looking for the flying boat stuff.

Mainly flight crew. Just trying to see what a bid package would look like.
At the panam.org site there are several places listed that appear to maintain an archive of old material. My guess is that the info you're looking for is not on the internet - I'd reach out to one of those historical/museum archives to see if they might have something.

I'd probably start with the University of Miami collection (the first on their list) because their archive map shows that they have an archive of personnel, procedures, and so forth.

Yep, doing that several times, also went to More Options where you can do the same, no joy. Maybe its just my computer.
Try a different browser: Firefox, Opera, or Chrome, if you're using Internet Explorer.

An aside, my best friend's dad hired on with Pam Am in 37, aviation high school graduate. Told me about changing jugs on Jamaica Bay on a barge in winter. No wheels on the clippers. Big deal to get them on dry land.

I have done some Google searches but so far no luck. My son is a Clipper era fan and we were discussing how and what a schedule for a Crew looked like. Anyone aware of a source that might have a sample?
Greetings,

I can gladly assist you with some or most of your request. I was a proud former Pan American World Airways pilot based out of Berlin Germany at first then Miami. I am well aware of at least "most" of the questions that you may have interest in. I am sure there are others out in the cyber world that could also be of assistance. All I can say at this point as a bedrock statement is that Pan Am was a Global Airline that was a diverse "family" based concept that transcended time and place. It was an extraordinary place to work as a Pilot and I am priveldged to contribute to its proud heritage. The airline itself consists of a Proud Heitage that is impossible to replicate even today by some of the most noted companies like Google, Apple, Facebook or MicroSoft...in fact it had the #1 Name Recognition in the world upon its demise in late 1991.

I was Berlin Germany based, which is a rare Aviator in most respects however I transfered to Miami towards the 1991 time frame. I would be happy to assist...these are all "great times" for me at a company that treated me, my professionalism and passion with the utmost of respect. Pan American World Airways was not perfect but in "Todays" standards it was a "SAINT" and it delivered on promises, hopes, aspirations and critcial missions "ALL" the time..Every DAY and 24/7.

Greetings,

I can gladly assist you with some or most of your request. I was a proud former Pan American World Airways pilot based out of Berlin Germany at first then Miami. I am well aware of at least "most" of the questions that you may have interest in. I am sure there are others out in the cyber world that could also be of assistance. All I can say at this point as a bedrock statement is that Pan Am was a Global Airline that was a diverse "family" based concept that transcended time and place. It was an extraordinary place to work as a Pilot and I am priveldged to contribute to its proud heritage. The airline itself consists of a Proud Heitage that is impossible to replicate even today by some of the most noted companies like Google, Apple, Facebook or MicroSoft...in fact it had the #1 Name Recognition in the world upon its demise in late 1991.

I was Berlin Germany based, which is a rare Aviator in most respects however I transfered to Miami towards the 1991 time frame. I would be happy to assist...these are all "great times" for me at a company that treated me, my professionalism and passion with the utmost of respect. Pan American World Airways was not perfect but in "Todays" standards it was a "SAINT" and it delivered on promises, hopes, aspirations and critcial missions "ALL" the time..Every DAY and 24/7.

I will contact you or my son via PM.

Greetings,

This is a great reply. I knew 2 Pan Am pilots, NYC based. Sadly both have flown west several years ago. They always spoke fondly of the airline.

Look on Ancestry.com. I've found manifests on there. Idk if a crew schedule would be.

Back