Financing plane and Factory reman/avionics upgrade at purchase

Yeah I sold the 5th wheel Toy hauler and side by side in September after going cross country and having to do all the work. Why the skepticism Lachlan?

That weird feeling my be over exposure to extreme cold up there. Either that or the liberal direction of your state. That would be enough to make me feel weird.

Ok not so much derogatory as condescending
Huh?

I was wrong to suggest that your anti-carb bias on a 540 might be in error at your point in your flying adventure.

I didn't think it was derogatory or condescending. But what do I know. It's not like I own a PA32-300 or have any actual info on the subject.

It’s all good. Thanks for taking the time to offer your input. I’m just trying to compile the most information possible so I can make an informed decision rather than an emotional one.

It’s all good. Thanks for taking the time to offer your input. I’m just trying to compile the most information possible so I can make an informed decision rather than an emotional one.

So says the person who rejects carburetors out of and hand insists on the extra 40 HP with its increased fuel burn for no stated reason.

Nothing emotional there.

Though they are easier to start, carbureted engines are less efficient during flight. Since the fuel/air mixture in carbureted systems meet at the carburetor, the mixture is less precise for each cylinder. Fuel injectors are calibrated to force the same amount of fuel into each cylinder. Because of their precision, most fuel injection systems also permit monitoring of each cylinder’s EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature). EGT probes on each cylinder allow the pilot to create the ideal engine performance; saving fuel, as well as reducing wear on the engine. For these reasons, as well as many others, fuel injected engines are standard on most new aircraft.
Don’t forget the possibility of carb icing. Not saying I wouldn’t take one but I’d exhaust all FI resources before I bought a carburetor.

Back