As much as I hate flying commercial....

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
Within 15 hours of the call my wife got informing her that her mother was in ICU and would not make it, we are in a hospital in the middle of nowhere 2000 miles away.

I do hate flying commercial, but i have to appreciate the options we have today.

Within 15 hours of the call my wife got informing her that her mother was in ICU and would not make it, ...

Sorry to hear that, Salty. I know how tough it was when my wife's parents passed. You and your family will have my prayers.

Within 15 hours of the call my wife got informing her that her mother was in ICU and would not make it, we are in a hospital in the middle of nowhere 2000 miles away.

I do hate flying commercial, but i have to appreciate the options we have today.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

You are right, it's hard to beat the airlines ability to get you somewhere far away quickly. At this time of the year there is a lot of weather that's not conducive to small piston plane too.

Yikes. But very stressful to have to travel and on such short notice for such a sad/busy/traumatic occasion. Thoughts are with you and your wife and her mom. :(

Sorry to hear that Salty. My parents are getting up there and I'm so far away. I think about it all the time.

So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My wife and I have lost both of our parents so I can relate to what you are going through. My prayers are with you and your wife.

This is the reason we left Colorado and moved to the little place where I was born and raised. We gave up so much in terms of careers and flying regularly, friendships, weather, conveniences, etc, but what we got in return can’t be retrieved once it’s gone. I wake up every day glad that we made the choice.

I hope that we are all able to remember those we’ve loved and lost in a way that makes us glad for the lives we shared. That’s all we’re here for.

I’m sorry for your situation (have lost both my folks), but you are correct.

Need to get somewhere far away, the answer is airlines.

Prayers for you and your family. Glad that commercial was able to get you and your wife where you needed to be.

The doctors were able to keep her alive for the siblings to see her before she passed. Except for the one that booked his flight for 6pm instead of 6am..... sigh

Back