Wonkey IPhone

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
forgive me for my technical term ignorance but, when I press the button that activates the screen (not the phone, the button on the face near the charge port) I get a gray IPhone music hoochie hoo with a play icon and volume control. This happened after I downloaded the latest update yesterday. I have no idea what to do to get rid of it even though it disappears after I select message, mail, etc.

are you hitting the button and swiping UP at the same time? if so, stop doing that.

No, it isn't the one that brings up your flashlight etc. This one is different. Hit the button once the above shows up, hit it again and it goes to the pass code screen.

Your music player app is open. That causes the home button to show play controls before login.

Log in, then double-click the home button, then swipe up everything that looks like a music player to close them. Or just close everything.

Tried out a Galaxy once after owning Apple devices for years.. Hated that darn thing with all of it's Android nonsense. 48 hrs later, it went back to the store.

Your music player app is open. That causes the home button to show play controls before login.

Log in, then double-click the home button, then swipe up everything that looks like a music player to close them. Or just close everything.

^^^^^This

Nope, that doesn't work. I work with a guy this weekend who writes code for Apple. I'll get him to look at it.

edit: as you may have guessed, the problem didn't fix itself as I mentioned before. It comes and goes.

Did you try: Settings -> Notifications -> Music. Then shut off "Show on Lock Screen".

Here's a semi-related question. My iphone used to be able to play Youtube audio streaming through Safari on lock screen, but can't since an update or two ago. Is there any setting that affects this? I can't find one.

Back