For Sale 1969 Grumman Yankee $19.5

Lotta plane for a little coin. AA1 with a 320 - nice performer!

That's what I thought and still a few hundred hours before overhaul. Yeah that engine hit my attention too.

That would be a fun plane with the 150hp.

Little higher time engine, but he's not too far off on his price.

What does the 320 do to the useful load?

That's what I thought and still a few hundred hours before overhaul. Yeah that engine hit my attention too.
Wonder what the estimated bill on the overhaul would be when it became necessary?

Technically, no such thing as a “Grumman Yankee”. American Aviation stopped building the Yankee before Grumman bought the company. Kinda like a “Boeing DC-6” or a “Textron Staggerwing” ...

:D

What does the 320 do to the useful load?
nothing. It just increases the gross weight by enough to cover the installation of the o-320 and associated mods required by the STC.

Technically, no such thing as a “Grumman Yankee”. American Aviation stopped building the Yankee before Grumman bought the company. Kinda like a “Boeing DC-6” or a “Textron Staggerwing” ...

:D
Yeah, and in the AFM on page 3 the second sentence on that page is: " The Gulfstream American Yankee is the most responsive, high performing light aircraft on the scene today;..." So somewhere along the line Gulfstream wound up with it. Also, on the checklist page is the GA logo, along with their address and phone number in Savannah. At least it is in the AFM that came with my AA1.
So technically you could (if you owned an AAX) you could say "Yes, I own a Gulfstream." and point to your little yankee, or cheetah, or tiger. ;):)

How fast do you suppose you could cruise at with 75% power?
Not much faster than with the 235. But it will climb a whole lot better, and burn more fuel, of which there is not a whole lot on board.

Back