I love crockpot hamburgers the way my mother makes them.. Pan fry the burgers just to sear the outside, rare in the middle. Throw them in a crock pot with gravy and onions, let them cook for a couple hours.

And now its not even 9am and I'm hungry.

I should start up a Youtube channel. Crock pot disasters. Although, without searching, I suspect it's already a thing.

I guess I don't understand the issue. I use hammers for nails and saws for cutting wood. I don't try to cut wood with a hammer. With respect, the fact that a crock pot is not an appropriate tool for making hamburgers simply demonstrates a firm grasp of the obvious.

Re Insta-Pot: It's the most successful Xmas gift I ever gave my wife (2015). But again, there are tasks for which it is not the right tool.

I guess I don't understand the issue. I use hammers for nails and saws for cutting wood. I don't try to cut wood with a hammer. With respect, the fact that a crock pot is not an appropriate tool for making hamburgers simply demonstrates a firm grasp of the obvious....

yeah, hence the rant.

yeah, hence the rant.
Was it really a rant though? It seemed to lack one of the fundamental requirements of a rant, namely passion. It was more like the Sac was a disinterested drive-by participant in the whole debacle.

Was it really a rant though? It seemed to lack one of the fundamental requirements of a rant, namely passion. It was more like the Sac was a disinterested drive-by participant in the whole debacle.

what I meant to say was "hence another addition to the collection of below average, mediocre-at-best, quasi foot-stamping semi-rants, according to Clark"

The passion was there. Just inside. Speaking of passion, it's lunch time, and Burger Girls are awaiting my arrival.

Mrs. Steingar likes her crock pot, but I've never warmed to it (pun, pun!). You have to salute in another pot before it can go in the crock pot. If I'm going to do all that I'd just as soon use my cast iron dutch over, sauce in it and then throw the whole kit and caboodle in a low oven.

Can't imagine why anyone would try and cook meat patties in one. Wrong kid of heat.
Instant pot will sauté/brown meat, switch to either slow cook or pressure cook, and finish up on a keep-warm setting, in the same pot.

I’d never give one to my parents due to the tech and primitive user interface, but we are solid converts.

We use it for everything from short ribs to rice to a whole chicken rubbed with spices and pressure cooked with a can of beer. It runs several days / week.

I don't have a back story for this, other than I was watching random videos of Russian ships blowing up Somali pirates sheerly for the soundtrack.
What is truly sad is how much ordnance they expended to sink a POS dhow.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The individuals certainly seemed to do better than the auto-aiming systems. Pretty good work with the RPGs.

I think they were just playing around for the most part. I'm told the disclaimer at the end said that they raided the boats and captured the pirates, and used the empty boats for target practice. It looks like the deck guns have stabilizers.

They're probably killing time waiting for the borscht to get done in the crock pot.

I noticed that. Prior life experiences gave me a healthy respect for them.

We used to have some pretty bad assed recoilless rifle systems, which essentially is what RPG's are. They were before my time, but I'm told a 110 mm recoilless flechette round could take out a whole platoon at a time.

On my phone, this title looked like "There is a place for crack pots." Which I thought was appropriate for POA.

Instant pot will sauté/brown meat, switch to either slow cook or pressure cook, and finish up on a keep-warm setting, in the same pot.

I’d never give one to my parents due to the tech and primitive user interface, but we are solid converts.

We use it for everything from short ribs to rice to a whole chicken rubbed with spices and pressure cooked with a can of beer. It runs several days / week.

I can do all that in my Dutch oven over a stove then in the oven. I’ll take a little know-how over electronics any day.

Not crock pot, but not a crock either.

There is a place in Middletown CT that makes the most delicious cheeseburger you ever ate. Not fried, grilled or crock-potted, but steamed. Yes, steamed. They put the ground meat in a little rectangular metal form, cover the sucker with cheese, and throw it in a steamer that looks like it was designed and manufactured in the late 1800's. Comes out moist and juicy, swaddled in perfectly melted natural cheese of your choice. Then they couch it on a fresh baked Kaiser roll. Never seen it anywhere else, but man it's good.
No pan, grill or cooking flame required

There is a place in Middletown CT that makes the most delicious cheeseburger you ever ate. Not fried, grilled or crock-potted, but steamed. Yes, steamed. They put the ground meat in a little rectangular metal form, cover the sucker with cheese, and throw it in a steamer that looks like it was designed and manufactured in the late 1800's. Comes out moist and juicy, swaddled in perfectly melted natural cheese of your choice. Then they couch it on a fresh baked Kaiser roll. Never seen it anywhere else, but man it's good.

It doesn't sound like it should be good, but I'd certainly be willing to try it.

Smoked hamburgers.

I can smoke hamburger patties on my pellet grill. Takes a lot longer than grilling, but much better flavor. I use either hickory or pecan pellets, whatever I have enough of at the time.

I did quesadillas on the pellet grill tonight.

Think I saw that place on Food Network once. And they did look delicious.

Fantastic place.

Minute pot blows away a crock pot (and I tossed my rice cooker too).

Whatever OP did to that meat was sacrilege. Sous Vide burgers (finished with a torch) are my current strategy.

Cream of mushroom soup can cover a lot of mistakes. It's like the universal solvent.

Yes! Back in my early Post-USN days what you describe as Burgers in Cream of Mushroom Soup was affectionately dubbed “Beef Wads”.

Yum?

I'll bet you said that about the crock pot burger, too.

Well... yeah.

Fantastic place.

Minute pot blows away a crock pot (and I tossed my rice cooker too).

Whatever OP did to that meat was sacrilege. Sous Vide burgers (finished with a torch) are my current strategy.

Hey now... re-read the original post. OP did NOT do that to the meat.

Yes! Back in my early Post-USN days what you describe as Burgers in Cream of Mushroom Soup was affectionately dubbed “Beef Wads”.

Yum?

I loved creamed beef! I used to put it over my omelet! Actually I think it was called chipped beef for some odd reason.

I loved creamed beef! I used to put it over my omelet! Actually I think it was called chipped beef for some odd reason.

Must be military related Sac as that's what it was referred to in the Air Force too.

Back