Raw shrimp to shrimp cocktail

Shrimp cocktail has you loud and clear, how me?

Nauga,
who prefers the rawer side of done

Peeled, deveined, rinsed, lightly breaded with Moss's seafood breaded, then fried. As soon as you drop the last one in, turn them. After turning the last one, pull them. Yum.

Some scollops recently done the same way:

IMG_0977.JPG

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... [pauses] That- that's about it.

Great scene! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Never tried it, but someone told me "steamed over beer, with lots of rock salt and Old Bay."

For the "shrimp cocktail" I've always known, boiled seems the way to go.
Love the steamed idea, but not certain I have the equipment.

Thanks guys. Everyone has some great ideas.
Wish wish wish I had time to wrap in bacon and stuff with cheese.

But... I will resort to making it a cocktail.

Shrimp on pizza... discuss. Seems like it would be awesome. Have never seen it offered.

I freakin LOVE shrimp...till I saw a special on how farm raised Asian shrimp is raised...Holy Slime Yuck Batman!...it was sadly eye opening.

I am up in Washington State where my folks have a freezer full of strip they they caught fresh themselves up here. Never realized what crap the imported plumped garbage is till I had fresh caught shrimp!

Shrimp on pizza... discuss. Seems like it would be awesome. Have never seen it offered.

I am a usually pretty simple pizza ingredient purist but there is a pizza shop by my house that does a shrimp pizza with a pesto base instead of a tomato base...it is amazing.

Had shrimp pizza with the heads on in Austria...obviously a pain to eat. Either ya pull the shrimp off and peel them or ya have gastrointestinal damage.

Shrimp pizza in Mexico....the shrimp gets lost among the corn, pineapple, carrots, peas, and whatever else gets thrown on there.

I freakin LOVE shrimp...till I saw a special on how farm raised Asian shrimp is raised...Holy Slime Yuck Batman!...it was sadly eye opening.

I am up in Washington State where my folks have a freezer full of strip they they caught fresh themselves up here. Never realized what crap the imported plumped garbage is till I had fresh caught shrimp!
Get it off the boat in Louisiana...worth the effort but it is a lot of effort.

Shrimp is great in jambalaya or gumbo. It is ok in a cocktail, but I am done after four five of them. I consider more of a side dish, not the entre.

Get it off the boat in Louisiana...worth the effort but it is a lot of effort.

Funny you say that...last time I was in New Orleans I got food poising off of BP Shrimp outta the Gulf!

Never hurled that much that didn't involve tequila...

I usually do +5 lbs or more after the crabs are done.....steam them in old bay and 50% cider vinegar and water for about 5-6 min until they turn red. Then enjoy. :D

For snappiness, you use baking soda.
(google it if you don't believe me).

Back