Change of Address for PPL

Kwangsung Kim

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel
Hello

I passed my PVT checkride and got a temporary license 2 weeks ago, after that I moved to another location.

I signed up Airmens service account through my student pilot certificate number and changed new address today.

Am I going to receive my plastic PVT certificate to new address?
If not, how can I receive to new address?

Actually, if you only passed the test 2 weeks ago, it's quite likely the certificate will be sent to the new address. They aren't even looking at applications that came in after November 1 right now.

I think the address on your cert and the official FAA address are two different things.

I believe that you can have the wrong address on your cert but as long as the FAA has the right address you're fine, if you want the updated address on your cert too you got to pay the $5 or whatever for a replacement plastic card, but that's at your discretion

However like Ron said, based on how recently you passed your ride, I'd imagine it'll just go to the new address anyways since they probably haven't even looked at it yet.

I think the address on your cert and the official FAA address are two different things.

I believe that you can have the wrong address on your cert but as long as the FAA has the right address you're fine, if you want the updated address on your cert too you got to pay the $5 or whatever for a replacement plastic card, but that's at your discretion

However like Ron said, based on how recently you passed your ride, I'd imagine it'll just go to the new address anyways since they probably haven't even looked at it yet.

Correct, irrelevant what the address is on his certificate. You have 30 days to provide the FAA with your new address, which is easily done online. He updated his address online, and isn't it $2 for a replacement certificate, or has that gone up too.

Address change:
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/update_address/

Replacement certificate:
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/certificate_replacement/

I changed addresses right after my Commercial Multi checkride. I changed my address on the airmen services site and received my new certificate at my new address, with the new address printed on it.

Thanks for answering my question.

I have question in more detail.

I submitted IACRA with old address for PPL 2 weeks ago.
Then I signed up and change to new address through Airmen service site with my Student pilot certificate number. (I don't have Private certificate number. It says PENDING for my temporary PPL)
Even I signed up Airmen services site with Student Pilot certificate number, do you think they will know I changed address and deliver it to new address?

And when I changed new address on the Airmen service site, it says "completing an address change does not place an order for a replacement certificate. If you wish to request new certificate, you can do so through airmen services by clicking on order replacement services.".
Of course I am not requesting a replacement of certificate, so am I okay to ignore this sentence?

Correct, irrelevant what the address is on his certificate. You have 30 days to provide the FAA with your new address, which is easily done online. He updated his address online, and isn't it $2 for a replacement certificate, or has that gone up too.

Address change:
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/update_address/

Replacement certificate:
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/certificate_replacement/

Thanks for answering my question.

I have question in more detail.

I submitted IACRA with old address for PPL 2 weeks ago.
Then I signed up and change to new address through Airmen service site with my Student pilot certificate number. (I don't have Private certificate number. It says PENDING for my temporary PPL)
Even I signed up Airmen services site with Student Pilot certificate number, do you think they will know I changed address and deliver it to new address?

And when I changed new address on the Airmen service site, it says "completing an address change does not place an order for a replacement certificate. If you wish to request new certificate, you can do so through airmen services by clicking on order replacement services.".
Of course I am not requesting a replacement of certificate, so am I okay to ignore this sentence?
Yes' you should be fine ignoring that sentence. Since your certificate hasn’t been processed yet they will process it with your new address. If for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always go back and order a replacement certificate if you want too. If you order a replacement now you will probably just get a replacement of your student certificate.

For now as @Wheels wrote just go with what you've done already. If as he says your new address is not on it, it's ok as you've reported your address change. In this case it doesn't matter if your old address is on the certificate. However, if you want a replacement certificate with your new address use the second link I listed above. Cost ya $2 so not a big expense.

Back