The 20's

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
I wasn't there, but I hear the 1920's were roaring.

Will the 2020's be roaring? Can we look forward to flapper girls and the like?

Well, considering pegged jeans is making a comeback from my Junior High days gonna day most likely as it all eventually comes full circle.

You're going to get in trouble if you insist on using sexist language of the last century. "Ladies of the Flap Persuasion" is now the preferred term.

Ron Wanttaja

You're going to get in trouble if you insist on using sexist language of the last century. "Ladies of the Flap Persuasion" is now the preferred term.

Ron Wanttaja

For now.

No telling if "gender neutrality" may become all the rage with the kids by 2020. :p

So what would be the century later equivalent of Lindbergh in '27? Musk and Mars?

Depends on what happens to energy prices. My guess is they'll go up (what goes down...) and that will be that for our "good" economy.

It's already happening! 20s chic is very in right now. Little, classy speakeasy style bars are popping up everywhere. Everything your grandpa thought was cool is cool once again :)

I’ve read that the roaring turned into a soft murmur around ‘29...

My dad mentioned to me several times that growing up in rural Georgia in the 30s looked a whole lot more fun in the movies than it did in real life. Fortunately that little skirmish in Europe and the south Pacific got him and his brothers off the farm.

Funny, as glad as he was to get off the family farm he spent his adult life at Texas A&M working to make small farms more efficient and increase product per acre. As a teenager I wish I had listened to him and become a farmer as he tried to talk me into doing. He told me what the future of farming would be, and even though my dad passed away over 20 years ago, what he told me about farming is still coming true. I see equipment being used on farms today that my dad designed, built and tested the original models.

You can't

Ron Wanttaja
you can't specify "ladies" either. You can say "those that identify, either temporarily or permanently, as ladies"

We're certainly getting back up there on the income inequality front.

Back