New Watch for you watch people....

Meh, its called the Skyhawk A-T. Is that like a training watch?

I don't get the "Expensive watch thing" Really, what's the point? My smart phone has the time, My plane has a clock, my car has a clock, even my stove has a clock.... I've got a sun-dial in my backyard garden if all else fails. there is nowhere I can go without there being a clock... I'm never on time anyway. so does a $775.00 watch tell time better?? Does it lick your hand afterward? WHAAAT??

It's all about budgets. A $775 watch rates a Cessna Skyhawk. A $7,750 watch rates an A4 Skyhawk.

LMAO I know that pilot... quite well! I had no idea that he was doing this! He did this in a flight school's G1000 172, but I've flown in his dad's VERY nice T210 with him. What a cool plane and a cool guy.

Last edited:
The baron in the back of the first scene is N9BS. Nicknamed Bull **** for obvious reasons. It's been rotting at FNL for several decades.

Kind of hard to get behind a pilot product when the "pilot" in the video looks 16 years old.

Kind of hard to get behind a pilot product when the "pilot" in the video looks 16 years old.
He's 22 or 23. Same as me. Just because the average age of pilots is about 95 years old, doesn't mean that there can't be young pilots!

Look at the size of that watch..!!! That guy must be a great pilot..!!!

But not as good as this guy...

upload_2017-12-20_10-56-36.jpeg

But I must inform folks that flying in and out of clouds below mountain tops can lead to a not happy ending....

I got to play with my overly expensive Garmin watch while sitting right seat on Monday. Hadn’t really done a long XC in the right seat for quite a while.

It dutifully pointed at any airport I put the identifier in...

Can’t figure out when I’d ever actually use the thing, but we’ve covered that it was a spousal gift and therefore I’m not selling it or anything.

Proved that the heart rate monitor is ridiculously out of whack for a watch that started life as a fitness monitor and then got aviation junk bolted on to it like Frankenstein. I dug the portable pulse ox out of our “glove” box in my airplane at 12,500 and played the two off of each other. The Garmin was way off.

That or @Clark1961 scared the hell out of me. On that flight the watch registered 145 as max heart rate. No... hahahaha.

For the price, it’s definitely a POS. Haha. If it was about $100 the price would match its capabilities. Maybe $150.

Count me in the “not impressed by fancy watches” crowd. Still.

FAA will likely have a close look at that video / flight?

Any gallon for $4.00 or less is a good gallon for me!
Home field is $5, $4.50 if you pre-pay and get a card. Looks like the best in Oregon might be $3.99. Even the cheap place I went to in Idaho a few months ago is now just over $4

And, on the watch topic, I got one of the Garmin VivoActive watches... Put a Zulu time-face on it, and that's pilot enough for me. I have an older Citizen somewhere that needs repair, should probably get that fixed when I want to show the ladies that I'm a pilot.

I highly doubt it. What exactly do you think was illegal?
Probably the trail of empty vodka bottles from ALS to APA was illegal. Littering dontchaknow. Then airport ops hauled Nate, et. al., away at APA...

LMAO I know that pilot... quite well! I had no idea that he was doing this! I've flown in his dad's VERY nice T210 with him that's featured. What a cool plane and a cool guy.

The baron in the back of the first scene is N9BS. Nicknamed Bull **** for obvious reasons. It's been rotting at FNL for several decades.

FAA will likely have a close look at that video / flight?

I highly doubt it. What exactly do you think was illegal?

Commercial compensation is about all I can think of. Wonder what @bluesideup is thinking.

I chuckled that he drew a line headed toward my house on the prairie on the chart, and then ended up in the mountains. ;)

That dude is seriously LOST. Hahahahahaha. :)

Must be something wrong with the watch or his compass. ;)

And somehow the angle of the chart shot made me realize there’s that “Objectionable” strip tucked into Buckley’s airspace. 34CO ... now I want to find out who owns it and get permission to land there. LOL.

William Simons, and it’s at Alameda and Piccadilly, eh?

Who knew. Denver trivia. Ask people where Alameda crosses a runway and they’ll look at you funny.

c1c477c3331ac8ed159fa7a8dcede49f.jpg

Probably the trail of empty vodka bottles from ALS to APA was illegal. Littering dontchaknow. Then airport ops hauled Nate, et. al., away at APA...

The Monkey is not in Colorado right now, as far as I know.

I figured he was talking about the kid shooting a commercial for Citizen.

I noticed the chart did not match the landscape...pretty funny.

Think that B-roll was shot with a Denver TAC. He’s pointing south of FTG (where the Commercial was apparently shot) near BKF, and draws a line essentially toward Parker, CO. ;)

Them big rocky things are all the way over on the left side of that there chart. ;)

He's 22 or 23. Same as me. Just because the average age of pilots is about 95 years old, doesn't mean that there can't be young pilots!

Whippersnappers! Whippersnappers I say!

Get off my lawn! ;) ;) ;)

(I’m ahead of you by 20 years and my instructor is ahead of me by 30 more. LOL!)

I have a used Skyhawk A-T I'd like to sell

IMG_1175.JPG

I have a nice watch, but it doesn’t tell time any better than a cheap one. To me it’s no different than a piece of jewelry. Impossible to justify the cost but if it’s what you want, it’s what you want.

What good is a big watch ,if you don’t have the big aviator sunglasses to go with it?

He’s older than I am. I’m older than @Ryanb is

Hehehe. I hear ya. I just keep having these reminders of how old I am. Totally normal. ;)

At least I’m not retired like @Everskyward ! LOL... kidding, just kidding. Plus @Everskyward is in better shape than I am and can easily kick my ass for saying that.

Everybody is just whatever age they are until they’re dead, then they don’t age anymore. It’s all good. :)

I saw that ad on TV and immediately thought...yeah, cuz nothing says luxury like "Skyhawk"!

Does it come in yellowish painted Cessna chipped plastic color missing a screw with a burnt red band and foggy face around the edges?

Hehehe. I hear ya. I just keep having these reminders of how old I am. Totally normal. ;)

At least I’m not retired like @Everskyward ! LOL... kidding, just kidding. Plus @Everskyward is in better shape than I am and can easily kick my ass for saying that.

Everybody is just whatever age they are until they’re dead, then they don’t age anymore. It’s all good. :)
It's amusing seeing people's reactions when I say I'm retired. Right now I'm in the trying to do everything that I always wanted to do but never had the time stage.

I just realized my freaking airport car / beater commuter car was built when @Mtns2Skies was five. ROFLMAO.

I’m on an AUS overnight, and last night I hit up an old college bar I used to frequent back in the day. Kid comes up next to me and gets a beer, celebrating because he took the last of his finals for the semester. We get to talking about the changes on campus over the years, and when I mention that I was a freshman in ‘96, he mentions that he was *born* in ‘96. The math checks out, but I’m still having a hard time accepting a kid born in ‘96 is legal to drink.

F********************k

:p

I’m on an AUS overnight, and last night I hit up an old college bar I used to frequent back in the day. Kid comes up next to me and gets a beer, celebrating because he took the last of his finals for the semester. We get to talking about the changes on campus over the years, and when I mention that I was a freshman in ‘96, he mentions that he was *born* in ‘96. The math checks out, but I’m still having a hard time accepting a kid born in ‘96 is legal to drink.

F********************k

:p
lmao..... translation.. you getting old Kay.. :D

Back