Had a fun day, first dual cross country - Pics

abqtj

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
abqtj
Went up to KLVS (Las Vegas, NM) then about 30miles SE to see the Scientology Compound/Trementina Base. I saw this place many years ago on Google Earth and have been facinated by it ever since. Today I finally got to see it from the air.

d9075e321c03725ae9ff1f6fe526e0f6.jpg

4c1a21d3e218512bd87c2a69fafb26cb.jpg

c2f00dc052d2f959d28aac69639dc6bf.jpg

be579c41a0bdca21369470e379eab463.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Were Travolta and Cruise in the pattern at that airport? o_O

That looks like a great trip!

I see Trementina has circular runways, sweet.

I've flown over that area a number of times. Nice photos.

Did you see Fort Union and Capulin Volcano National Monument nearby?

Congratulations! I love New Mexico and fly into AEG every year (weather permitting) to spend Thanksgiving week with my sister and her family in Albuquerque.

Did you see Fort Union and Capulin Volcano National Monument nearby?

Didn't go up there. Went from KABQ to Las Vegas, then over to Trementina and back to KABQ for my cross-country. I was just excited my CFI was all-in when I told him about the Trementina/Scientology place and we could go there for my first dual cross-country.

Very nice! Congrats!

Soloing was great, but it was the cross country flights that really made me feel like a pilot. Hope you're enjoying yourself. You're in the home stretch!

The thought of Battlefield Earth engraved on stainless steel tables is quite mirthful. His earlier works were often quite good. According to the internet he still holds the record for the most published books. He was quite prolific, so it may even be true. They're going to need a lot of stainless.

Great pictures, glad you are getting out in the almost perfect flying weather.

I always enjoyed flying into Las Vegas, NM on crystal clear days.

Approaches into LVS not so much fun.

Patrick Swayze owned some land near Las Vegas, NM.

Back