Airplane Rental at Orlando Executive Airport

PeterPilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PeterPilot
Dear fellow pilots in the Orlando area,

I live in Germany (holding an FAA Pilot licence). I'll be at Orlando for a vacation in January 2018 and I just wanted to ask if anyone here can relate positive experiences regarding the flight schools at KORL. I intend to rent airplanes for short flights at KORL as I did on previous occasions, however, unfortunately "Air Orlando Aviation", where I had very positive experiences in past years obviously doesn't exist any longer. Of course I found other flight schools who rent out planes at KORL on the Internet, however, it would help me with my decision where to go if I would receive some recommendation from people who actually rented there in the recent past.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Peter

Last edited:
Sorry, Peter, I moved out of Orlando long ago. But Air Orlando truly was a class act. I'm sorry they're gone, too.

I fly out of KORL but I belong to a club so I don’t rent from any FBO. That said, you can join the club I’m in and rent from them. They require a test (online) for each type and a checkout with a club instructor. Slow flight, steep turns, simulated engine out and then landings. Took me about an hour.

Orlando Aviators. https://www.orlandoaviators.com/

Thanks for the replys so far, other airports than KORL (like Kissimmee) are not such an attractive alternative for me due to the very close proximity of KORL to where I'm going to stay. So if I find a good place to rent at KORL I'd absolutely prefer that...

Dear "mscard",

I'm still hoping to get more responses directly related to FBOs at KORL, however, if you were reasonably satisfied as a recent rental plane customer at FBOs in Sanford (or Kissimmee) it won't hurt if you could reveal to me the names of these FBOs...

Thank you in advance

Dear "mscard",

I'm still hoping to get more responses directly related to FBOs at KORL, however, if you were rerasonably satisfied as a recent rental plane customer at FBOs in Sanford (or Kissimmee) it won't hurt if you could reveal to me the names of these FBOs...

Thank you in advance

Nothing recent, sorry. I was just suggesting other nearby airports in case ORL doesn't work out. No worries.

I fly out of KORL but I belong to a club so I don’t rent from any FBO. That said, you can join the club I’m in and rent from them. They require a test (online) for each type and a checkout with a club instructor. Slow flight, steep turns, simulated engine out and then landings. Took me about an hour.

Orlando Aviators. https://www.orlandoaviators.com/

Sure wish you guys had an LSA; I'd join in a heartbeat.

OP, you might want to check out First Landings ( http://www.firstlandings.com/ ) in Apopka. If it's not during peak traffic, you can get from Orlando's tourist area (Universal, International Drive) to Apopka in 30 minutes or so. I trained with them and now rent from them, and they're a good outfit with a variety of decent planes.

Thank you very much to all for the hints I received so far.

I might opt for the flying Club at KORL if they take members for just one month duration.

I wonder, however, if no experiences regarding the "conventional" flight schools located directly at KORL can be shared, since I'd love to get in some more twin time also. I'm not unreasonable in what I'm expecting: planes maintained to a reasonably good technical standard ("fresh paintwork", a working autopilot and a working 3rd comm is certainly nice but by far not as important to me as sound basic maintenance quality...), staff consisting of reasonable people and reasonable pricing.

So if there are any additional experiences that can be shared I'd be grateful to hear more...

Thank you

Last edited:
Well, I don't know; expecting reasonable pricing seems pretty unreasonable..... :)

...may be true "Half Fast":D

so lets say rental prices not to far out of the ordinary level found at nearby locations

Thank you very much to all for the hints I received so far.

I might opt for the flying Club at KORL if they take members for just one month duration.

I wonder, however, if no experiences regarding the "conventional" flight schools located directly at KORL can be shared, since I'd love to get in some more twin time also. I'm not unreasonable in what I'm expecting: planes maintained to a reasonably good technical standard ("fresh paintwork", a working autopilot and a working 3rd comm is certainly nice but by far not as important to me as sound basic maintenance quality...), staff consisting of reasonable people and reasonable pricing.

So if there are any additional experiences that can be shared I'd be grateful to hear more...

Thank you

Unfortunately I have no direct experience with the flight schools there other than I inquired as to taking an IR ground school at Flight Training Pros and they were only interested if I signed up with them for a full course.

John

Back