Train horn on a plane (not a movie)

Handy for those engine out landings on a beach. Hey y'all- head for the high ground!

Knowing full well what I was about to see, I still laughed out loud at that. Good fun, I want one.

Be great for POA get-togethers. If there's ever one in the Southeast.

I've always wanted to do that, dangit! I've had airhorns on several of my vehicles (cars, boats). fk

ATR-72 had a horn from the factory. Why I dunno, couldn't hear it especially if an engine was running.

I think that’s a truck horn. Train horns sound different. One of my buddies worked for Union Pacific RR for years. I wanted him to get us each a train horn to run off the air compressors in our beastly built Jeeps. He said no. :D

Train horns are either three or five chimes with tones to match and combine into a good note that will get attention of motorists while still pleasing to the ear. There are. however very expensive and don't get caught with a stolen one. They are serial numbered and registered to the locomotive they were initially installed on.

Train horns are either three or five chimes with tones to match and combine into a good note that will get attention of motorists while still pleasing to the ear. There are. however very expensive and don't get caught with a stolen one. They are serial numbered and registered to the locomotive they were initially installed on.

Amazing what information one can glean on this forum:). If this ever comes up on Jeopardy, “I’ll take horns for $800, Alex.”

Cheers

I think that’s a truck horn. Train horns sound different. One of my buddies worked for Union Pacific RR for years. I wanted him to get us each a train horn to run off the air compressors in our beastly built Jeeps. He said no. :D

Sounded like a big truck horn to me. Still funny.!!!!

Our gliderport had a bike path across the end of the runway. One of the members had 12V car horn hooked to his radio battery to shoo away the gawkers.

When I was in Australia we stayed at a place where the guy used to herd his sheep with a HawkXP. He had electric PA/Siren on the thing which he and one of our travelers used to rouse us out of bed early the next morning.

I recall seeing a Maule belonging to some police department (West Virginia?) that had a similar device.

After watching that video, I clicked on "10 most expensive Presidential Aircraft..." Among other BS facts, I found out, with gleaming surprise that the Mexican President has a supersonic Boeing 787... can actually fly up to 1000 miles per hour... (timestamp 6:15)... Not bad for a semi-third world country...

I recall seeing a Maule belonging to some police department (West Virginia?) that had a similar device.

'Voice of God' PA systems are a common piece of equipment on police helos.

After watching that video, I clicked on "10 most expensive Presidential Aircraft..." Among other BS facts, I found out, with gleaming surprise that the Mexican President has a supersonic Boeing 787... can actually fly up to 1000 miles per hour... (timestamp 6:15)... Not bad for a semi-third world country...

This plane can fly up to 1000 miles per hour......wow..... that is impressive indeed. Maybe so it can out run the cartels....

Back