Tires Slashed in Alaska

Right across the street from Merrill Field is one of the parts of Anchorage I avoid like a mad skunk.

I got surprised there my first trip to AK to do bush flying. Thought it would be convenient to be right across from the field. Not. Wasn’t even a dead bolt on our door! Ended up cancelling our room late at night after realizing what type of area it was and taking my gal into town to one of the major chains. Good decision.

Ever bought a set of 3?s from bush wheel?
Let's see, to reply to that post from 1.5 years ago you would have to have re-read the thread from the start, looking for stuff to respond to... I say re-read because you posted to it back when it was new, and after I posted that.

And actually, reading further, it looks like we already had this exchange, or one very similar to it, back then... Why dredge this up again?

And actually, reading further, it looks like we already had this exchange, or one very similar to it, back then... Why dredge this up again?
Life is a circle...

To my knowledge nobody was ever arrested for the tire slashing at Merrill Field.

The part of Anchorage may not sparkle for the tourists but it isn't dangerous. What used to be the city dump was adjacent to Merrill. It's been covered over and Merrill has expanded on top of it. If you wonder why no glitter hotels are around there? Learn the history.

Threads are history, and we know the destiny of those who don’t learn by it from forgetfulness or misinterpretation.

Back