This year Thanksgiving turkey will be...

This year Thanksgiving turkey will be...

• Total voters
We dress ours and throw it in the crockpot about 7am & it’s hot and tender by 3pm! :)

Need to have more then one only answer. We do roasted and smoked. Can't wait, leftovers my favorite. Turkey sammiches.

Last edited:
Since it's not Friday, I can't re-post this in the Friday Joke Day thread else I violate protocol ... so it goes here ... an oldie

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.

Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

How the hell do you get a normal sized turkey in a crock pot?

How the hell do you get a normal sized turkey in a crock pot?
We never get more than a 10lb bird, as some of the family is vegetarian. The slow cooker is plenty big enough to fit it.

Roasted in that Reynold's roasting bag.

Toss in a handful of carrot sticks, a coarsely chopped stalk or two of celery, and a quartered onion and let the mire poix work it's magic in the turkey drippings while it cooks. Stuff the bird, slide it in the oven, then figure out how to time all the sides so everything gets finished at the same time.

PS: if anyone wants a smoked turkey, do it the easy way. Put it on the smoker for about 30 minutes and finish it in the oven like a normal turkey. Then don't tell anyone the details, just, "Oh, yeah, I threw it on the smoker, no problem. Here, have another drink."

BarS_Franks_Turkey_12oz_8pack_015900002269.jpg

Smoked. Coworker has a 12 foot smoker trailer and is smoking 8 turkeys total.

Don't know. The neighbors invited us over for dinner. I'm preparing my world famous "Port Wine and Asian Spice Cranberry Sauce."

If it is world-famous and not a closely guarded family secret, would you please share the recipe? Sounds great!

Take an assortment of Asian spices. Ideally, if you have a local Chinese market, ask them if they have "Chinese Stewing Spices." This is often a small packet of this which contain Cinnamon sticks, star anise, black cardamom, green cardamom, and probably some other stuff. If not, buy the above.

Smash the Asian spices and put them in a bit over a cup of inexpensive port-style wine.
Let them steep for about 20 minutes over low heat and then strain off the spices.

Now you're down to the basic cranberry sauce recipe:

1 cup of some sort of liquid (use the steeped wine from above)
1 cup of sugar
12 oz (1 bag) cranberries.

Heat the sugar and liquid and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil.
Add your cranberries, bring back to a boil.
Lower to a simmer and cook for at least 15 minutes longer. After a few minutes the cranberries will start to pop. You can then use a wooden spoon to start smooshing the berries against the side of the pot until you get to the consistency you want (I pretty much keep at it until all the berries are crushed).

After 15 minutes, pour it off into your serving container and let it set up. If you're not going to use it right away, cover and put in the fridge.

Last edited:
I bought a 1 pound breast slab from Jennie-o for me and my Mom. Even has gravy in the plastic bag. 1 hour 40 to cook approximately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear Oscar Mayer makes a mean turkey roll in the yeller package. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll make a turkey on Friday, but for Thanksgiving ... spiny lobster tails grilled with a key lime butter.

I think they are serving turkey from a tin pan at the High School cafeteria today where I'll be working as a bus boy with our church. The local churches serve a meal to the needy in the community every year. Tomorrow, at my brother's we'll have roasted.

Back