Charles Manson Dead at 83

I guess he can finally ask George and John if they were really giving him a secret message.

Then again, I'm guessing he won't be going to the same place they're at.

I'm guessing there is no process to apply for parole in his new digs...

JUST when he was about to be rehabilitated......the dirty rotten bastid.

The should probably save the money on cremation. Guessing that will be taken care of for free

Reactions: Ted
Tax payer money kept him alive too long. Our justice system is far too lax for rotten, evil people like this. He should’ve been euthanized upon his entry, years ago.

One of the very few deaths where no waiting period is needed before trash talking the person.

I had a hard time believing Van Houten was granted parole. They should have been gassed together.

When I use to live at the beach on Oxnard, CA I had a few retired LA County Sheriffs, LAPD, etc living around me... One of my neighbors ole Bill as we called him was LA County Sheriff and was part of the Spahn Ranch raid... The consensus of many that day was he was dirty for something, they just could figure it out at the time.

His son was also LA County Sheriff and one of his first jobs was working in the jail with O.J.... another piece of ****e

Strange story when Beach Boys drummer, Dennis Wilson, allowed Manson to stay at his house for a time.

Meh. if anything, I’m glad my tax dollars aren’t being used on that waste of bio mass any longer.

I had a hard time believing Van Houten was granted parole. They should have been gassed together.

Getting parole is one thing.. getting out is another... I don't think she has been released yet... Governor Moonbeam has to allow this... hopefully he has not totlay lost it..

Strange story when Beach Boys drummer, Dennis Wilson, allowed Manson to stay at his house for a time.

I saw a documentary on that some time back. Wilson picked up a couple of cuties hitchhiking. It turns out that they were groupies of Manson and introduced them. They became friends and Wilson invited some of the group to stay at his home and during that time Manson helped him writing some songs. At least one song that they wrote or co-wrote was recorded and Wilson didn't give Manson credit, which caused a big fight. Manson left a bullet with a note saying it was for Wilson, and naturally Wilson asked them to leave. They refused. So Wilson vacated his own house to get away from them.

IIRC He was originally sentenced to death but then California abolished death penalty...

Yep.

Too bad they didn't leave his cell door open so they could shoot him while he was trying to escape.

Maybe his organs can be harvested and put to better use, like say if a hog needs a new kidney...

He wasn't a person. ****ing animal.

Deplorable, yes. Unrepentant, yes. Vile, yes.

But a person nonetheless.

This is one of those things that tests my Christian values. He did A LOT of bad. And he's easy to hate. But condemning someone to hell is not within my scope. Maybe 50 or 100 thousand years in purgatory would suffice.

Tax payer money kept him alive too long. Our justice system is far too lax for rotten, evil people like this. He should’ve been euthanized upon his entry, years ago.

He should have died sitting in a chair, with electricity flowing through him....

Some people just deserve to be put to death and this was one of them.

This is one of those things that tests my Christian values. He did A LOT of bad. And he's easy to hate. But condemning someone to hell is not within my scope. Maybe 50 or 100 thousand years in purgatory would suffice.

Hell would be too good for that freak.

He should have died sitting in a chair, with electricity flowing through him....

Some people just deserve to be put to death and this was one of them.
Agreed. Euthanization would’ve been too humane now that you mention it.

I remember all that well. I even read Victor Bugliosi's book (Manson's prosecutor) "Helter Skelter" (they had scribbled the name of the Beatle's song on the refrigerator in blood) right after it came out on the killings. That was probably '75 or so.

You look at some people and are surprised they could do something horrific. You look at this guy and realize he's bat$shi* crazy.

Yeah, I've always felt that condemning people to damnation was above my pay grade, too.

Rich

One of the only reasons I could have to believe in Judeo/Christian cosmology would be that were it right that bastard would be in hell.
We all want there to be some form of Cosmic Justice, and our desire for it does indeed point to Christianity. So does our desire for reconciliation and need to be forgiven. I, for one, am glad that there is not only Justice but also Mercy.

Anyone know all his victim’s names without looking them up?

I find it sick that we know his name and not theirs.

And sick that his name was a household one.

We all want there to be some form of Cosmic Justice, and our desire for it does indeed point to Christianity. So does our desire for reconciliation and need to be forgiven. I, for one, am glad that there is not only Justice but also Mercy.

Well... In fairness, branches of Christianity that believe in eternal punishment as a routine destination for the wicked are actually a minority among world religions.

Talmudic Judaism is rather vague about the afterlife in general, and the destination of the wicked in particular. Gehinnom is variously interpreted as a place of torment similar to the Hell depicted in Dante's Inferno, or as a place of reflection and repentance similar to the Roman Catholic concept of Purgatory. Either way, it's just a waypoint where even the souls of merely average people spend a period of not more than 12 months after their departure from this life before they proceed to Olam Ha-Ba (the World to Come), and in most branches, eventual resurrection. Only the souls of the extraordinarily wicked don't make that final leg of the journey, with their fates variously taught as being eternal torment, eternal remorse, or annihilation.

Kabbalistic branches of Judaism (and a few branches of Christianity that integrate Kabbalistic or other mystical beliefs) have a much more highly-developed set of beliefs about the afterlife. They tend to view resurrection as an ongoing, repeating process of reincarnation that is a central part of tikkun olam, the mending of the world. Some branches believe that all souls are routinely reincarnated until they're sufficiently purified. Others believe that only those souls who remain unremorseful after their 12-month stint in Gehinnom or those who have other unfinished business on earth (which may or may not have anything to do with bad behavior on their parts) will be reincarnated.

Most Eastern religions also believe in reincarnation, with or without the possibility of some exceptionally incorrigible souls being annihilated either individually upon physical death or collectively at some future time (for example, at the arrival of Kalki, the "Destroyer of Filth," as interpreted by some Hindus). Until then, the process continues, with reincarnation as a lower caste being a possibility in some Eastern religions (for example, the ongoing process of samsara in Hinduism). Most Eastern religions also believe in an intermediary stage of reflection and instruction between lives (for example, Gandharva or Bardo in Buddhism). Few (if any) Eastern religions believe in eternal punishment. At worst, some traditions provide for the annihilation of the souls of the hopelessly wicked, not their eternal torment.

Some Christian denominations also reject the notion of eternal punishment. The Church of England, some smaller Anglican branches, the Jehovah's Witnesses, most of the Adventist denominations, and most of these denominations' collective offshoots, for example, specifically believe in the annihilation of the wicked, not their eternal punishment. Annihilationism is also a minority belief in some other denominations: not officially accepted, but allowed for as a possibility.

We also have the various Universalist denominations who believe that all souls will eventually be reconciled with God, usually through some variation of the doctrine of universal salvation of the entire human race through Christ's substitutionary death, but in some branches through a process similar to that of the Roman Catholic doctrine of Purgatory.

Speaking of which, Roman Catholic theology is actually more universalist than most people realize. Roman Catholic theology believes that Christ's death is sufficient for the salvation of almost the entire world. Hell is reserved for the exceptionally wicked and for those who have specifically and explicitly rejected salvation. Most everyone else's souls will go to Purgatory, not hell.

Purgatory is not a place, per se', nor is it necessarily punitive other than in the sense of causing a soul to feel the pain of remorse. Rather, it's a state of reflection, repentance, and cleansing in which most people will need to spend some time to become sufficiently purified to go to heaven. Neither does Purgatory have to be an intermediary stage between Earth and Heaven. All or part of one's time in Purgatory may be served on this earth. People suffering from serious illnesses, persecution, oppression, poverty, and other afflictions, for example, may be doing Purgatory on Earth, especially if they learn things like compassion and forgiveness through their sufferings.

In short, the concept of Hell being the automatic and eternal destination of all but the saved or the extraordinarily righteous is the dominant belief in Christianity, but it is a minority belief among the world's religions as a whole.

Rich

Last edited:
Back