I really can't think of a topic heading...

His story sounds suspicious to me. He surveyed the strip, it was clear, and while he maneuvered for a landing they placed the receptacles on the runway. Did he notice people milling about in the first pass? With a truck/trailer load of port-o-lets perhaps?

Not that a runway is a good place for a restroom, but still.... ? Could just as easily have been a deer or something, but I guess you can't blame(sue) a deer.

"Hidden Splendor Airstrip" should have been his first clue.
This strip has had several crashes it seems, including this one:

DSC_4669-copy.jpg

DSC_4615-copy.jpg

Skylane with curled up prop make me sad :(

This is a clear case of the fan hitting the sh*tter.

Interestingly, the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance newsletter was recently complaining that placing new portable toilets into another Utah park would create "unacceptable impacts".

The truth is sometimes better than fiction... :goofy:

http://suwa.org/wp-content/uploads/Spring2016_WEB.pdf

Thanks to comments from SUWA and concerned local groups, the BLM improved its initial proposal (see Summer 2015 issue, p. 16). However, the permit’s final environmental statement still invites serious damage to wilderness-quality lands and the remote character of the Cedar Mesa region. The agency’s approved alternative would allow up to 250 people per day on several routes and calls for the development of 10 new trailheads and parking areas. The influx of new users would also require the addition of numerous portable toilets along the routes. These impacts are unacceptable in an area like Cedar Mesa. We will keep you posted as we continue to fight this massive special recreation permit and protect the unparalleled solitude and unique character of the area.

The placement of the toilet "damaged his reputation?"

When feces hits the fan, it’s not always evenly distributed.

Back