Daily Pic

Saturday was a really humid, cool morning and we took off just after the fog cleared. Just happened to catch prop vortices on camera. Thought it was kind of cool.

were u wearing pants at the time?

were u wearing pants at the time?

Haha! Since we were flying to meet 6PC and AggieMike for breakfast, I felt pants were mandatory.

I'm thinking there may be a "Merits of flying a Cessna without Pants (a literal satire)" video in the future though.

When I flew cancelled checks in the southeast, I flew the 210 in khaki shorts, khaki shirt and sandals. With the window open.

I looked like a slightly pudgy, pasty white crocodile hunter....

More fun in my Joshua shirt today. Expanded my comfort level too.
92bba258af8c956e4cbd2985d9f6bc45.jpg
54a65fb40f12c010fc3e58366d0a4bc9.jpg
3f70900b6dcf82b1e43a612d08a2be6b.jpg
094e0f138267c360dced490cc54d068d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

A few weeks ago ISP-N03-ISP. Nice, calm night.

kqnxI3z.jpg

A few days ago getting vectored for the Expressway Visual 31 into LGA. Winds were gusting to 35 that night. It made for a fun approach.

OFf5xQ9.jpg
-200 or -900?

900. We separate our fleets so we have pilots that only fly the 200 and others that fly the 900.
Oh really? That’s interesting. Do you get assigned one or the other during initial training? I know a guy that just started with EDV, flying the -900. Didn’t know if it was based on seniority or what.

Oh really? That’s interesting. Do you get assigned one or the other during initial training? I know a guy that just started with EDV, flying the -900. Didn’t know if it was based on seniority or what.
Yea you are assigned your base and equipment in the first week of training. Right now, new hire seniority is based on age. If our TA passes, new hire seniority will go by social security number which is how DL does it. I think there’s enough differences between the 200 and 900 that could get you in trouble if you haven’t flown one or the other in a long time. The landing picture is completely different. Our sim instructors are getting dual qualed if they want to.

A great day at Cable airport that reminded me how friggin' cool it is to fiddle with airplanes. Breakfast at Maniac Mike's with a good pilot friend, then some maintenance (new brake linings/backing plates, cleaned and re-greased the bearings, flushed and re-bled braking system, swapped tires side-to-side to equalize wear). Bedded the pads in with some 35 mph to 5 mph stops on the runway; let 'em cool for 20 minutes. Then a 45-minute afternoon flight up the Cajon Pass to reward myself. I was going to go to San Bernardino and do some pattern work, but it was clear up the pass and a chance to get out of the mist (about 4-mile visibility). And smoooooth too through this notoriously bump stretch.

IMG_2304.jpg IMG_2308.jpg IMG_2309.jpg IMG_2315.jpg

20171113_154458.jpg no idea what the heck that thing is, but the helo driver has a lot of skill. it was 14G19 around that time

Yea you are assigned your base and equipment in the first week of training. Right now, new hire seniority is based on age. If our TA passes, new hire seniority will go by social security number which is how DL does it. I think there’s enough differences between the 200 and 900 that could get you in trouble if you haven’t flown one or the other in a long time. The landing picture is completely different. Our sim instructors are getting dual qualed if they want to.

ASA one flew the 200 or the 700/900. From what I remember the differences almost put the 700/900 into another type other than a CL65, and notice the rake on 700/900s, supposedly designed that way to get around the requirement for exit slides. That's what I always heard. I'm sure the RAA and regional airlines wouldn't lobby for that...nahhhh.

upload_2017-11-14_17-59-30.jpeg

upload_2017-11-14_17-58-34.jpeg

Since no one else participated, you win. You are wrong, but you win. Indy, view looking west-southwest. Thanks for playing.

Yeah I knew the airport looked familiar, been in and out a few times. Do I get a prize for being wrongright?

Not a photo, but plot of yesterday's flight to Big Bear. On the way up there it's a 23-minute flight, with 10 minutes of climb from 1440' to 9500', then down to Big Bear's runway at 6752'. On the way back (shown), we took a left over the dam and flew down the canyon. Wheeeee! :D Did a glide test too at idle...560 fpm descent at 80 KIAS, which works out to 9.3:1 glide ratio. Forgot to check true airspeed, which would've given a better indication.

The airport restaurant is great, but we wanted to try something different this time. Can highly recommend Thelma's, about a quarter mile walk from the terminal.

IMG_7064.jpeg

Saturday was a really humid, cool morning and we took off just after the fog cleared. Just happened to catch prop vortices on camera. Thought it was kind of cool.

I got that flying in the morning a while back. Never saw it in the 172

Back