Finnair Begins Weighing Passengers

1RTK1

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Ralph
I Wish they would have charged the guy next to me on my last flight double and gave him two seats so I didn't have to share mine with him

So if you're too big, do you have to purchase a ticket for each Cheek?

But of course ,the ticket price will not be predicated on weight.

But of course ,the ticket price will not be predicated on weight.
I don't care what the guy next to me weighs.
I think ticket price should be predicated on width, and for that extra money, they get a seat that can accommodate them.

ticket prices should be based on the size of your junk*. this way I could fly 1st class for 1980's People Express ticket prices.

*by 'junk' of course I mean your, uh, 1 'personal item' if u know what I'm taking about.

Not sure weight is the right measurement to be taking. The need to have you walk through a strategically sized opening. If your butt fits through, your good. If you have to squeeze through, you pay for another seat. There is a huge difference (pardon the pun) in a 6'4" 300 pounder and a 5'9" 300 pounder. The tall guy might not be comfortable, but he's not gonna be spilling love handles over into the next seat. The short pudgy fella will. It's all about the width, yo.

Don't think the standard average weight used by the industry is the same as the one used 40 years ago.

Another thread to remind me of the time I was going to Philly and assigned to a center seat between two jumbos. These ladies legs were almost touching.

I told the flight attendant to look at my seat and she was trying not to laugh when she came back up the aisle.

She found me a much more acceptable seat, in first.

Another thread to remind me of the time I was going to Philly and assigned to a center seat between two jumbos. These ladies legs were almost touching.

I told the flight attendant to look at my seat and she was trying not to laugh when she came back up the aisle.

She found me a much more acceptable seat, in first.

I had that once. And I think I weighed just under 300lbs at the time and STIlL was forced to squeeze in between them. There must have been at most 14” of space available (or as United calls it these days: “First Class”).

I’m pretty sure we tipped the scales at over 1100lbs on that row.

Not sure weight is the right measurement to be taking. The need to have you walk through a strategically sized opening. If your butt fits through, your good. If you have to squeeze through, you pay for another seat. There is a huge difference (pardon the pun) in a 6'4" 300 pounder and a 5'9" 300 pounder. The tall guy might not be comfortable, but he's not gonna be spilling love handles over into the next seat. The short pudgy fella will. It's all about the width, yo.

You speak truth.

Can you even purchase a 2nd seat and not have them fill it with a standby

This thread showed up right after Sac's thread on being fat. Is there a message here? :D

that would be hilarious. it would be similar to the metal frame they use to test your carry on luggage.

Are there really 5'9" 300 pound people? I'm not even sure stretching them up to 6'4" is enough for that mass.

I was so curious I checked it. To be 300# and "normal BMI" one would need to be 7'8".

[I'll go sit my BMI 20 butt down now]

Are there really 5'9" 300 pound people? I'm not even sure stretching them up to 6'4" is enough for that mass.

I fly out of Portland,OR and Eugene for work, these are fairly fit places. Then I get off the plane in Atlanta and it's like a whole different country. It's amazing how regional and even sub-regional it is.

Although, now that I think about it, it's probably telling how Nike's headquarters is near Portland and Coca-Cola's is in Atlanta.

Does this mean they will install bigger seats for bigger people?

Back