RIP Fats Domino

Sigh...that's two. Robert Guillaume aka "Benson" died yesterday. Waiting on the third shoe to drop.

Chuck Berry died in March. Third shoe?

Suppose it depends on your time scale. In geologic time, Berry, Guillaume and Domino died at the same instant. :D

Well if we used any other time scale, we'd never have the saying "it happens in threes."

Yeah, extreme example. But what is the window? days? weeks? Months? Same year? You know in the "People we've lost" retrospectives, they'll all show up in the same slide set.

Ah man. I'm sheddin a tear. His rhythms shaped a generation of music. One of the original "framers" of rock n roll. My foots a tappin in tribute. Rest easy fat man. Your legacy will live forever.

Ah man. I'm sheddin a tear. His rhytmns shaped a generation of music. One of the original "framers" of rock n roll. My foots a tappin in tribute. Rest easy fat man. Your legacy will live forever.

Nicely done. :thumbsup:
R&R pioneer for sure.

I wouldn’t put Guillaume in the same category as Fats.

Now Tom Petty, Walter Becker, Glenn Campbell and Gregg Allman to mention a few 2017 deaths are.

Last edited:

Now Tom Petty, Walter Beck, Glenn Campbell and Gregg Allman to mention a few 2017 deaths are.

Walter Beck? Nevah heard of him. He a rocker too? o_O

Now Tom Petty, Walter Beck, Glenn Campbell and Gregg Allman to mention a few 2017 deaths are.

My "category" was simply famous dead guys. Tom Petty, Monty Hall and Hugh Hefner weren't in the same category either but that was the last three. And for what it's worth, Guillaume was a hoot. His dry delivery of the one liner was classic.

Hey they're all getting to the dying ages. Wonder some of them stayed alive after all the drugs they've done. Superstition has nothing to do with it.

Sigh...that's two. Robert Guillaume aka "Benson" died yesterday. Waiting on the third shoe to drop.
Wow, didn't see that anywhere.,

Re Fats, i didn't know he was still alive~!

Grew up listening to Fats.
The only song I ever learned to play on the piano was "Blueberry Hill".
sigh....
RIP.

I guess he liked airplanes.

FatsDomino_1508940014391_11474404_ver1.0.jpg

Back