Want To Buy Clarity Aloft or QT Halo

Skyhawk92

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Skyhawk92
Looking for an in-ear headset. Any of the two in the title. If you have either and would be willing to part to it, please let me know.

I know you probably already have it, but just in case here is the link for the Halos. You have to check every day pretty much.

http://www.quiettechnologies.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

As a side note, I just spoke with a CFI who is using the FARO in ear.... when I asked how he liked them, he said "cheap" (meaning not good quality).
so you are definitely on the right track with your search.
I have the Halo's and so far love them.
Haven't tried the CA's.
good luck

Thanks for the response.

I spoke with Quiet Technologies and they said that there is a wait list and would be a minimum of 3 months before I could expect a response.

I don't think I want to wait that long. So hoping to find a used pair of the Halos or the Clarity Alofts (brand new version is a bit over my price range, but if it comes to it, I will buy them new)

Dang, that's crazy. I've heard many many people are waiting...and there has to be a way to get em manufactured better. This has been an issue for a while. I can only guess he doesn't need the money or something.

Put your name in anyway. 3 months is what I heard before, and two weeks later I got a notification that they were up for sale

Put your name in anyway. 3 months is what I heard before, and two weeks later I got a notification that they were up for sale

+1

I just about gave up on the QT Halos as I could never order them. Then one late night, I looked on the website and they were available. Got to act fast though. By the time I got my wallet and could get back to ordering, they only had the black one left. (Which is what I ordered.). I love mine.

+1

I just about gave up on the QT Halos as I could never order them. Then one late night, I looked on the website and they were available. Got to act fast though. By the time I got my wallet and could get back to ordering, they only had the black one left. (Which is what I ordered.). I love mine.

I am wondering why they have a email list then and was told 3 months if they just update their website with them whenever they have them...

I have a slightly used Halo. (I went back to the CA set) PM me with email and I can send photos. Make me an offer.

I have the Halos - love them. I took an additional step of having silicone earplugs made with the connectors. So I get a consistent fit/seal everytime and it's much quicker to put them in. I also find them more comfortable. They've worked great and I've had them in my ears for 11+ hours in one day.

Dean

I can't understand why Halo doesn't get some help with production if they constantly have a backlog like that. They are losing potential customers. Maybe it doesn't matter...

I can't understand why Halo doesn't get some help with production if they constantly have a backlog like that. They are losing potential customers. Maybe it doesn't matter...
He needs to license that to somebody and just take a franchise fee or something.

He needs to license that to somebody and just take a franchise fee or something.

Yea...I mean if he had a few busy times every year whatever...but its like a year around wait for those things lol

I have QT Halo's and am on the fence about them. I love the price and the sound quality but mine have been very buggy and they don't play well with standard headsets on the intercom. The mic gain could be higher and there is something going on with the electronics that when they get hot it gets a lot of static. When I talked to the owner at Oshkosh he was a real jerk about it and made it seem like there was no way it could be in the headset. His arrogant attitude at KOSH has pretty much turned me off on ever getting another pair. I will be trying Clarity Aloft for my next set.

I have QT Halo's and am on the fence about them. I love the price and the sound quality but mine have been very buggy and they don't play well with standard headsets on the intercom. The mic gain could be higher and there is something going on with the electronics that when they get hot it gets a lot of static. When I talked to the owner at Oshkosh he was a real jerk about it and made it seem like there was no way it could be in the headset. His arrogant attitude at KOSH has pretty much turned me off on ever getting another pair. I will be trying Clarity Aloft for my next set.

Superior pilots fly with Clarity Aloft so your making a good choice. (Just kidding) ;p

I had mine get that way one time flying out of St Louis on a hot humid day, I think it was from moisture. I couldn't contact departure because there was so much static. I was solo so after getting set up in cruise and on auto pilot I climbed in the back to get my Tango's. I've also had to shorten my tubes and cut out those little red beads because they plugged.

Other than that I've liked them OK. I bounce back and forth between them and my PDX's.

You should sell the Halo and get a Clarity.. You will be happy.
My buddy needed a Clarity for a short notice trip awhile back and I sold mine. I just bought a Pitts S1 I will be flying open cockpit and just ordered me a new Clarity Aloft for it. Sometimes I like a regular headsets and sometimes a Clarity. It mainly depends on which plane I am flying. The Clarity definitely can't be beat in the aerobatic or open cockpit stuff.

I have the Halos and love them. I forget I'm even wearing a headset.

Only thing with the Clarity Aloft is they hurt my ears after a few hours...even though I have almost no clamping force. Anyone have any suggestions on some foam or something for the ear area?

They seem to be out of stock now.

They are out of stock all the time. You really have to watch. It took me constant watching for 2 weeks to get a pair. They sell out quickly.

I have the Halos - love them. I took an additional step of having silicone earplugs made with the connectors. So I get a consistent fit/seal everytime and it's much quicker to put them in. I also find them more comfortable. They've worked great and I've had them in my ears for 11+ hours in one day.

Dean

Where did you get the silicone ones made? About how much were they?.. it' something I would consider.
My biggest complaint with the halo's turns out to be the mic placement. I'm pretty much constantly fooling with it.

Only thing with the Clarity Aloft is they hurt my ears after a few hours...even though I have almost no clamping force. Anyone have any suggestions on some foam or something for the ear area?

What part of the ear? If it is in the canal, you might want to try a different tip. Not only does CA make the tips in different sizes but also in different firmness. My wife uses the softer ones.

Where did you get the silicone ones made? About how much were they?.. it' something I would consider.
My biggest complaint with the halo's turns out to be the mic placement. I'm pretty much constantly fooling with it.

You can have them made by anyone shop that makes ear protection for construction crews or any other profession - you could check with your hearing dr.... or search the internet - they make kits you can do it yourself if you are bold. I found my first pair of silicone ear plugs at a gun show for $35.00 The last set I was in a hurry, found the supply company online - turns out they are in Boulder - had a pair made for $60.

Yeah - mic placement can be a pain - especially if you are trying to drink some coffee or something on a longer trip - you get to move it around a lot.

Dean

What part of the ear? If it is in the canal, you might want to try a different tip. Not only does CA make the tips in different sizes but also in different firmness. My wife uses the softer ones.

No not my canal I meant where the actual headset wraps around the top of your ear.

No not my canal I meant where the actual headset wraps around the top of your ear.

Just bend the wire untill you get it the way you want it. Took a few to get mine right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have them made by anyone shop that makes ear protection for construction crews or any other profession - you could check with your hearing dr.... or search the internet - they make kits you can do it yourself if you are bold. I found my first pair of silicone ear plugs at a gun show for $35.00 The last set I was in a hurry, found the supply company online - turns out they are in Boulder - had a pair made for $60.

Yeah - mic placement can be a pain - especially if you are trying to drink some coffee or something on a longer trip - you get to move it around a lot.

Dean

You never answered the question. Specifically where did you get YOURS made? What is the name of the company? Got a link? ;)

I bought a pair of CA's to try and have found the same thing. I am going to send them back and stick to quite technologies. Add me to the people waiting for them to get in stock.

You never answered the question. Specifically where did you get YOURS made? What is the name of the company? Got a link? ;)
Brian,

You are correct - as I didn't think you would be in Boulder or near Denver. The company that did mine was www.earinc.com - they are the suppliers for many people that make the final product - I just got lucky with timing and they did it.

Good luck

Dean

Just bend the wire untill you get it the way you want it. Took a few to get mine right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's what I did. That wire is pretty stiff, just bend it outwards a bit until you get it where you want it. And replace those foam inserts with the silicon Christmas tree version.

I even tried to make molded ear inserts with a kit I bought on Amazon. They let in too much noise compared to the in-ear inserts. I use a molded in ear for my headset at work. I got it made 15 years ago while I was still in uniform. The dental office on base made them for us.

Brian,

You are correct - as I didn't think you would be in Boulder or near Denver. The company that did mine was www.earinc.com - they are the suppliers for many people that make the final product - I just got lucky with timing and they did it.

Good luck

Dean

I thought those could be ordered online too. Sorry.

Thanks!

hey no worries... that was 2 years ago - they might.... but you'd need to send them the sound tubes so they know the size of the connector to use. I might try the do it yourself kit - watching him make them didn't seem too bad.

If you're still looking, after 15 years of flying, I just got the Clarity Aloft.
I only have about 5 hrs with it so far, but I am very pleased.
It really does a great job blocking out noise.
The speakers are crystal clear, and the mic is quiet.

I haven't tried the Aux plug yet.

If you're still looking, after 15 years of flying, I just got the Clarity Aloft.
I only have about 5 hrs with it so far, but I am very pleased.
It really does a great job blocking out noise.
The speakers are crystal clear, and the mic is quiet.
If I may ask, which ones did you get, the basic model or Pro Plus or the Link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If I may ask, which ones did you get, the basic model or Pro Plus or the Link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I got the basic "Classic" model.
I honestly don't understand the need for a TSO headset.
Maybe if you're a commercial pilot?
I just didn't see the need to spend extra for the "pro".

The good thing is that you can buy the Bluetooth module separately.
I might get that in the future, but right now, I don't have a need for it.
I'm currently an IFR student, so all my practice flying begins and terminates at towered airports.
Once I get certified, I'm sure I'll fly IFR to some non-towered airports, and that would be convenient for closing a flight plan.

But for now, the AUX in (which I still haven't used) is sufficient.
I've got another 5 hours or so since that post (about 10 total with it), and it really is a great headset.
I'm completely satisfied with it.

I got the basic "Classic" model.
So did I, no, I am an IFR student like you are, appreciate your answer. By the way, my headset arrived just an hour ago - I am going through different tip sizes at the moment. I can see there is a clip, probably to prevent the weight of the cables to exert pulling force on the head.

So did I, no, I am an IFR student like you are, appreciate your answer. By the way, my headset arrived just an hour ago - I am going through different tip sizes at the moment. I can see there is a clip, probably to prevent the weight of the cables to exert pulling force on the head.
I use the standard size tips, and they seem fine.
I forgot about the clip!
I might have to use that...but honestly, no problem without it.

Back