I have my CPL... now what?

rt4388

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rt4388
So I just got my commercial multi certificate (comm single is coming by the end of this week) and I'm curious if y'all have any ideas of who/where to fly--countries, companies, etc.? I'm planning on finishing up my CFI, CFII, and MEI, but I would prefer to do some 135 type flying as opposed to instructing. Further, I would love to bounce around in a bunch of different countries (Europe maybe?) or even just different cities within the states.

Anyone have any ideas of countries/companies that I should look at trying to fly with? I get that these are lofty expectations for a fresh commercial certificate, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. As always, thanks for all the help!

Aerial mapping companies would get you hours pretty quickly. I'm sure some take fresh ink commercials.

What flight times do you have? Are you instrument-rated? How much instrument time?
I'm right at the 250 mark right now--probably around 255. I am instrument rated. ~160 PIC, ~110 XC, and ~85 instrument time.

Aerial mapping companies would get you hours pretty quickly. I'm sure some take fresh ink commercials.
Thanks, I'll see if I can dig some up on google!

I would say if you have the resources to finish your CFI, do that ASAP and then build time to the 500 hour mark as a CFI. There’s always glider and banner towing, but many of them probably require 500 hours. Keep positive, and don’t get discouraged.

The magic hour is 500, unless you instruct or know someone.

Keep knocking on those doors.....one day one will open for you.

Some aerial survey companies will hire people with a wet commercial license. You’ll be on the road for most of the year but you’ll fly a lot.

start going out and talking to the local charter companies. Doesn’t pay much ,but you can build hours.make sure you have a class 2 medical. Most of the commuter airlines are looking for 500.

Back