Ffftttt.. Not good. Two crashes, one Mooney into house.

Wow... one fatality and the others already released from the hospital? guess your number is either up or it's not...

The Mooney pilot supposedly lost control but flew it between 2 trees? Might have purposely aim between the trees to tear off the wings, reducing chances of fire and slowing the plane before impact.

Wow... one fatality and the others already released from the hospital? guess your number is either up or it's not...

Two separate incidences, right?

I don't like the characterization in the article that the pilot "lost control"; from the looks of things, perhaps he/she lost power, but a successful out come like that (and it is a successful outcome) simply doesn't happen in a loss of control accident.

Looks more like controled flight into house

Looks like one of those V tail Bonanzas like EMan1200 bought
59d94fcc37d34.image.jpg

OK, the newspaper won't let me see the article. Let me guess, the Mooney pilot walked away. I said it in another thread, Mooneys are stout.

I read it as all the occupants of the Mooney. Did I misread it?

One article. Two accidents in different parts of Virginia. Mooney into a house, minor injuries, everyone out of hospital. Other accident, not a Mooney, at least one fatality.

Bad journalism on display for all to confuse . . . .

The Pawnee at FRR was the tow plane for the soaring club and was towing at the time of the incident. glider made it back to field safely. No other info released publicly yet. Piloted by the club’s chief tow plan pilot and 13,000 hour professional pilot/instructor and all around great guy, Steve Zaboji...

I got my first real IMC in my comanche with him in the right seat. Wonderful guy and awesome instructor. He will be sorely missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pawnee at FRR was the tow plane for the soaring club and was towing at the time of the incident. glider made it back to field safely. No other info released publicly yet. Piloted by the club’s chief tow plan pilot and 13,000 hour professional pilot/instructor and all around great guy, Steve Zaboji...

I got my first real IMC in my comanche with him in the right seat. Wonderful guy and awesome instructor. He will be sorely missed.

Sad to see. RIP.

Damn sorry to hear that. Sorry for your loss. RIP.

"3 survive earlier crash in Middlesex home"

Looks that that mooney definitely had middlesex with that house...complete penetration!

In that pic, the policelady (man??) was standing there like, "nothing to see here".. Like its an everyday occurrence that you see a plane sticking out of a house.

The Mooney crash was due to an intersection takeoff leading to a departure stall, as the aircraft didn't have enough oomph to get over the trees.

In that pic, the policelady (man??) was standing there like, "nothing to see here".. Like its an everyday occurrence that you see a plane sticking out of a house.
Yeah. It's not like it was an RV being built in one of them new fangled 'small houses'

Don't recall. I know it was only about 2K, which is already a bit short for a Mooney, but doable. The intersection left him taking off in less room than the aircraft could do.

Should be the airport at Topping (W75). If they ate at the really good restaurant not too far away, they would be even heavier... :O

Less than 2200 feet, but nice field.

I noticed that too, I'm pretty sure it's a guy...but my take was that he was doing his best Barney Fife impersonation...trying to exert himself as being in charge and telling people to back the f*** off!!! It's my crime scene, go away!

Dang. 4 folk, short runway. Again. What airport?

Three people--Navy pilot, wife and baby; full tanks. The airport in Topping, VA, mentioned above (W57?W75?).

The pilot posted elsewhere, after release from the hospital and interviews with NTSB and FAA. Should be an easy writeup with pilot telling bare facts and no significant injuries (his feet were trapped by the pedals, but he pulled them out at the cost of a few mild abrasions; both adults are sore, baby has rash from restraints).

Three people--Navy pilot, wife and baby; full tanks. The airport in Topping, VA, mentioned above (W57?W75?).

The pilot posted elsewhere, after release from the hospital and interviews with NTSB and FAA. Should be an easy writeup with pilot telling bare facts and no significant injuries (his feet were trapped by the pedals, but he pulled them out at the cost of a few mild abrasions; both adults are sore, baby has rash from restraints).
Ah. Misread the headline in the newspaper article. I was assuming 1 dead and 3 survivors from same crash. Glad these 3 are ok.

Ah. Misread the headline in the newspaper article. I was assuming 1 dead and 3 survivors from same crash. Glad these 3 are ok.

Crazy reporter put two airplane accidents under one headline. "One killed in crash near this place. An earlier accident across the state involved a Mooney hitting a house. No one was home, and the three people in the plane have already been released from the hospital."

Wonder how many thousands of people were confused by this alleged reporting?

I don't even take an intersection departure on a 10,000 foot runway, unless there are zombies chasing me or earthquake cracks forming on the end of the runway. Guess for once I'm doing something right.

The pilot epitomizes everything right with our military. He's a naval aviator, and described exactly what happened and what he did wrong. Owned up to it completely, to prevent others from making the same mistake.
To contrast, when I pranked my aircraft I didn't even show up here for a year.

The pilot epitomizes everything right with our military. He's a naval aviator, and described exactly what happened and what he did wrong. Owned up to it completely, to prevent others from making the same mistake.
That is pretty refreshing.
Glad they are okay and he learned a lesson (and hopefully others will too, from his mistake).

Crazy reporter put two airplane accidents under one headline. "One killed in crash near this place. An earlier accident across the state involved a Mooney hitting a house. No one was home, and the three people in the plane have already been released from the hospital."

Wonder how many thousands of people were confused by this alleged reporting?
Those that actually read the article shouldn't have been confused. But how many actually read it?

Ugh. That sucks. Any news?

Back