The Toybox thread

Here's a unique toy of mine that I enjoy playing with...

photo1large.jpg

Cool. Have you started your flight training?

My other:

1.jpg

Funny you mention this. I've actually had my eye on one of these for a while. Thinking about throwing in a turbo'd chevy small block and some slicks and hitting the track.

The Pinto in the foreground would be fun too!

I drove a Pinto for awhile. Straight drive. I've done a lot of crazy sh*t.

Had a friend who crammed a V8 into a Vega. He outran quite a few patrolmen with hemis.

Sorry for your loss.

Dang, that's terrible. So sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It sucks living alone after 31 years with the same woman, but I'll survive. The Lord has always been good to me and will guide me where I need to go.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It sucks living alone after 31 years with the same woman, but I'll survive. The Lord has always been good to me and will guide me where I need to go.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. 31 years together sounds like a wonderful marriage. I wish you well in adjusting to your new life.

My wife passed away a few months ago, so I'm just now starting to get back into the groove of things and will start my training soon.

Sorry for your loss azblackbird. A long life together. Be well.

Very sorry for your loss.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. 31 years together sounds like a wonderful marriage. I wish you well in adjusting to your new life.

Sorry for your loss azblackbird. A long life together. Be well.

Thanks again guys for the kind words. I'm adapting and adjusting just fine. In fact, here's some irony for you all...

The good Lord took this angel from me on June 4th...

val.jpg

On September 4th, he sent this angel to me...

connie.jpg

My other:

1.jpg
When the Pinto ran great, it was a great little car, when they didn't, it was on fire.....

While this one wasn't mine, I drove something very similar back in the mid 80s. 110 inch wheel base, BUILT 396 CI, ran 8:10s in the 1/4 at speeds around 175-180 mph, depended on temperature. Hand brake, alcohol for fuel, no fire suppression. Wait for green, floor it, wait, wait, cross finish line shut off ignition shut off fuel grab hand brake wait until 'chute pops, hope we stop. Differential 2 inches from crotch. People, males, lost things when, not if, the rear end blew, which never happened to me. It was the one summer I switched from circle tracks to straight line tracks. :loco: :nonod:

33634902-516-undefined.jpg

... shut off ignition shut off fuel grab hand brake wait until 'chute pops, hope...

Sounds like it would have made a good Cirrus training simulator... :D

I do it myself, every Tuesday on my way home from work, takes about 20 minutes.

And I could have sworn I read on another thread you posted you had "no experience working on airplane's"... ;) :rolleyes:

On my wishlist.

A fun plane. Yet to be decided what that will be, but I've recent started leaning towards a ch-750

A fun car. Either a Lotus Elise or a Classic Mini.

A plot of land where I can have a personal rare vegetable/fruit farm. I'd love to grow Pawpaw (largest edible fruit native to North America) Persimmons, Medlar, etc.

When the Pinto ran great, it was a great little car, when they didn't, it was on fire.....

While this one wasn't mine, I drove something very similar back in the mid 80s. 110 inch wheel base, BUILT 396 CI, ran 8:10s in the 1/4 at speeds around 175-180 mph, depended on temperature. Hand brake, alcohol for fuel, no fire suppression. Wait for green, floor it, wait, wait, cross finish line shut off ignition shut off fuel grab hand brake wait until 'chute pops, hope we stop. Differential 2 inches from crotch. People, males, lost things when, not if, the rear end blew, which never happened to me. It was the one summer I switched from circle tracks to straight line tracks. :loco: :nonod:

Cool. No scatter shield (think that's what they're called)?. I remember in the 60s watching a '57 Chev blow his tranny and crap went all over the place but the car had a shield that protected his ass. Think it was an 1/8 mile track.

My wife passed away a few months ago, so I'm just now starting to get back into the groove of things and will start my training soon.
Major condolences. Might as well put in my toy to brighten the mood:
MI04bwb-phDx5UF2Rpv9qmrSXqS8f3zfxS9s1qs4AeIucps6x3ABrnJqa2KtDnhqRaGhvxrT3kO3WMpbESyGXVJfS3p6t4w5wTX6sdoAHgliBUIR3UXiUq6uRFGPJVk6U6dkEu35OPcJwvJFF3sHRJflA4dz-c7zC8_Hp37vSm0EaVhX-96EfJU0Niad5gNzQ585p43m8hE5Yj_Y2d-sFHMf9rQdiqoX4MJARKIv3tD6wt2ImYhJ_niLfdIR7kie13y63TVi8tmpKXTPRE4mtiAYas3L48YhTsLJ_0iHkEfHPSAPT22Ln3R0Q2ibMubXueFu6394xt2fLCUmkK9y8XEJtCeNPjOz402badTkGa3Y2Jefos_TkDDmNzfR9jHoyasr7q8NXh3v1q-kRsJhHdZ-MQQrJhj5cspksA7bI353ojTSMR1-pmN0oaEyl51CUTzJTKyW4sJINI2B8Utnig-08XwgNDFBInxo1FLk9Kuld4BzFWbNsDBqJtbojESDc8MsMWLku8_F6bn7zen0t-tqYcWReJILUQW_GT-tafb7Kyx4L4d_NE6VF8VnvEnILFnKQ98Eb1xY7uSZLOe9oV9qdWfZ2FBY0rC7wybw6Q=w1216-h912-no

Dudes working out back asked the other day if it was a Ducati.

Dang all these nice toys and here I am with a lowly onewheel. Throw this thing in the plane and when I get where I'm going I've got a 7 mile range on a charge and cruise at 16mph. Need a charge..fully charged in 30minutes.

Attachments

• 20170929_102026.jpg
    20170929_102026.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 32
Not in my toy box anymore. I sold it :(

View attachment 56675

True to my Arkansas heritage, I have one of these in my backyard. It's still on it's inflated nylon tires and not up on blocks but it has been patiently waiting on me to stop fiddling around with getting my airplane where I want it and start restoring it. I would rather have a fastback but this little coupe after a restomod will suit me just fine.

This is from my toy box. I completed the frame-off restoration myself including the paint and bodywork. My other hobby.

1965 Corvette convertible
327 / 350 HP original motor
Close ratio 4 speed
All numbers matching
Two NCRS Top Flight awards

View attachment 56686
I love love love corvettes. We own a C7 Stingray, but are thinking about getting a C2 as well.

Back