The Toybox thread

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
This thread is for the really cool toys you either would like to own, or to share the ones you already own.

Be they antiques or new, emerging tech or old school, affordable, expensive...

Aston Marton Personal Submarine https://www.pcmag.com/news/356490/aston-martin-designs-a-limited-edition-submarine

$

I fell in love with these cars when they came out and still love them. I had a chance to buy one in 1979, but I could not afford the $15,000 the guy was asking for it.

1280px-ChargerDaytona.jpg

Last edited:
Love the new G6 SR-22. I just hate the price tag.
N328MC.jpg

Growing up, my dad had a 1969 Camaro SS convertible with all the very desirable options. Bought it new, then sold it in the early 70's to one of his friend as a "used car".

It's one of the few small things I that I have a small grudge against. But then again, who knew then how desirable a low mile numbers matching muscle car would be.

At least he still has the 1934 Ford 5-window coupe with rumble seat that he had since 1963.

I think i still have the Popular Science with it on the cover. I wanted that airplane.

Seems like the last homebuilt frontier.

Nice a Scout! My buddy had one...all beat up but everyone thought it was the coolest thing

The stripe gave it away; didn't see the "Shelby" on the tach and speedo on my i5se.

Actually I saw the "backwards" speedometer first, then I looked at the rest of the picture. And didn't notice the "Shelby" on the speedo until you brought it up....:cool::)

This is my 'man' toy. '72 Binder with a 346 IH motor with all the goodies.

View attachment 56676

Glad to see you kept it original instead of doing an engine swap.

I am looking for the last year model Scout with the turbocharged diesel in it. Rarer then hens teeth. I have found about a dozen in varying condition, and they all want to become independently wealthy by selling one.

I feel in love with these cars when they came out and still love them. I had a chance to buy one in 1979, but I could not afford the $15,000 the guy was asking for it.

1280px-ChargerDaytona.jpg

I remember when those came out. A guy had one on base with that purple color they had back then. If only we had known about the appreciation. Think the last one saw on that auction show on TV went way north of $200K.

Last edited:
I've always been a pretty simple guy, never dreaming too far beyond what I think I'll be able to actually have. My beat up old C-182 may be as far as I ever reach into the flying dream, but if I could take it one notch further, I'd like one of these

32065405390_4ba23156c0_b.jpg

I know, I'm boring.

Pinto? Isn't that technically classified as a munition?

I remember when those came out. A guy had one on base with that purple color they has back then. If only we had known about the appreciation. Think the last one saw on that auction show on TV went way north of $200K.

The local Dodge dealer had one in the showroom. Lime green in color. With the Hemi. It sat in the showroom for 2 years before it sold. It probably still has my finger prints all over it.

The last one I saw go for only 200k was a basket case. It is now more valuable as an unrestored classic than it would be if someone restored it. Imagine that....

Last month I was afraid this is what I would be styling around in.....
HC-1938-Packard-Henney-Hearse-2.jpg

Pinto? Isn't that technically classified as a munition?

I flew for an attorney that made a fortune on Pinto lawsuits. With the last few months I saw someone driving a Pinto and another time a Maverick. I bought a new 1972 Vega GT and kept it 9 months and sold it. Junk.

The local Dodge dealer had one in the showroom. Lime green in color. With the Hemi. It sat in the showroom for 2 years before it sold. It probably still has my finger prints all over it.

The last one I saw go for only 200k was a basket case. It is now more valuable as an unrestored classic than it would be if someone restored it. Imagine that....

Last month I was afraid this is what I would be styling around in.....
HC-1938-Packard-Henney-Hearse-2.jpg

Shet I'd take that!

Back