Gaston's Fly-In 2017 - Thursday Oct 12-Sunday Oct 15, 2017

Those labels will only be appropriate when ___ ________ is in attendance.

Dammit!!! I made exactly the same labels!

Guess I will have to go with my fallback label:

View attachment 56554

Solid labeling, Bry. I'm sorry I stole your original label design. I was going to do something funny with the labels, but.....well.....I lack wit.

Thought about going with these:
SNLSchmitts2.jpg

I thought about making labels that said "If I am drinking this then I love the Dallas Cowboys"

B double E, double R, U N, Beer Run

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No. Gaston's is in the business of renting cabins and rooms. They do not allow camping or RV hook-up-ing on site. There is a campground down the road from Gaston's a couple miles I believe. Im just not sure how youre gonna get from there to Gaston's, since (hopefully) most of us'll be in planes, not cars (like last year...)

Actually Gastons has a van that they have let us borrow in the past to run errands, pick folks up from the hard surface airport etc. It would probably be easy to get the van to do a pick up and drop off at the campground, they used it to pick up folks from motels in town in the past. Then again who wants to drive a van late at night after drinking all of Bryan with a Y's light beer.

Actually Gastons has a van that they have let us borrow in the past to run errands, pick folks up from the hard surface airport etc. It would probably be easy to get the van to do a pick up and drop off at the campground, they used it to pick up folks from motels in town in the past. Then again who wants to drive a van late at night after drinking all of Bryan with a Y's light beer.
Tim will be happy to do it. All he needs is a designated driver.

There's fishing (a boat is included in the room charge).

Really?

I've spent countless weekends at Gaston's and didn't know this...they've never told me this. Not that I'm a big fisher person but, hell, I might like to motor down to Buffalo Point and have a different eating experience!

The boat is free with the room, but you have to rent the motor. Nice, eh?
Sounds like a line I use here at the salvage yard...

"The tools you want to use are free, but the guy who owns them rents out at $100/hr"​

While I think we got the Saturday night grill situation figured out.... folks might want to keep this solution in mind for future needs...

http://a.co/0PjHgPZ

71e%2BpmfQlvL._SL1500_.jpg

81ICVXsFjDL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks like I may be... Unable... to attend.

Not.
Happy.
At.
All.

Would hate it if you couldn't come, Spike.

THaven't been to Gastons since 2007.

2009[1] for me. I posted trying to snag a ride[2], but that doesn't look like it will pan out. I'm contemplating driving, but it's 8+50 each direction, and that's a long way to drive for a weekend. I suppose there's always next year.

[1] https://mrpou.smugmug.com/Aviation/Flyins/Gastons-09/
[2] Hoping my third class will come through mid-November.

Here ya go sports fans. My concoction has been bottled. We'll see in a couple weeks if it's worth a crap.

AEY197vRAeXCeCBknksM4fFr3ZwCRFlG1kzAz8iQLgAA-n7NWYzZ8u-2-we0R78tMdbnuJMDgHtz6sirMzUwwYZ7YCmy3_9u5O5TJ3wlI7_W3lt6WBk4t5gK9pCzprxLvwhk1LeOvH2d7ubw3qkjDoeBNj4-eOeNGL1fd-YFmkTbXJeKpJXHMxCrj_QcMiQT89qh4M1rtq3aC1f69kXw_iBSba5d2pYLQYAdUefRweqsl6TgUeeAJoOjPo6VLPhSNoHnlQ7OUjvzCPMoKtGkCnYdQm8dVNHPWgz2jk9_s0lkTOvUS0tIEA9H7aaM2gOHypAnA97iI3p9gOqGi_ySeMksqF2R9m2YKLiEpE8YrfJoahnYcqkI21mOh4gc5aEfG7IPv9J2nvZnvUezdzh63H67D7bfIKnxE0jFhoLXzoqfh4R9qCADzFAWvzguNa67jgofVexHTzLu_v4vxqFmKme6MSE1kXL9ajqFYIJf-N6g_wp1VxRpW-bI7dZmtX0sfBW6wRe3_HJyhyutA0kCIL73K8-R5mvAvsWdW38N3rlgpZl8h6Kk4fahq4pJN2lcZEuddVM1OuLmV0jckGfGFHN1qSi9AVWDSG1hHGrGhA=w500-h888-no

(...silently weeps...)

Looking at the sign up schedule, it looks like 6 people are feeding everybody. I understand that some people like to wait till they get there and go into town and pick up stuff. Thats fine, but for us planners in the group that like to see what is being provided, please add what you intend to pick up in town to the list.

As much as I'd like to attend, it's 6+ hours of flying and at least one fuel stop each way. Y'all have a good time and will someone, someday, please plan one of these for the west side of the country?

Nothing is stopping us ya know. I think Monument Valley (UT25) would be an excellent location in the fall or winter.

Even small stuff like plastic-ware, plates, Red solo cups, tongs , serving spoons, paper towels are likely needed.
Create an additional list on the spreadsheet listing what additional items are needed. Second column is where we put our name if we're going to obtain these.

Should we have a donations jar? This way we can generate some funds to reimburse the primary food contributors like Eren?

Back