Can someone recommend some good aviation novels?

I loved "First to Fly: The Story of the Lafayette Escadrille" by Charles Flood

The Bridges At Toko-Ri by James Michener
No Parachute by Arthur G Lee

A half dozen years ago, I wrote many book reviews for the local EAA 33 Chapter newsletter. They're still available. Most of them are before 2011 and you have to open the newsletter archive for each month to find them. Here are some of the titles that have not been mentioned before in this thread. I also reviewed some that were mentioned but won't repeat them here. Sorry, I'm not going to go to the considerable trouble to add info to the below list, but info on any is easy to find if you'd like.
http://eaa33.org/wp/newsletter/archives/
Skunk Works
Sagittarius Rising
Last Roll Call
My Heart Is Africa
East To The Dawn
Freedom Flyers
Fly By Wire
Ghost Of A Chance
Serenade To The Big Bird
Rickenbacker, An Autobiography
The Wild Blue
Wingless Eagle
Naked In Da Nang
Hypnotizing Maria
My Logbook
Gentlemen Of Adventure
With Wings Like Eagles
Lost Moon
Skygods
Fly Low Fly Fast
The Don Sheldon Story
Duel Of Eagles
Bury Us Upside Down
Silent Flight
North Star Over My Shoulder
God Is My Co-Pilot
Boyd

I just finished reading Mission: Jimmy Stewart and The Fight for Europe.
https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Jimm...ission+jimmy+stewart+and+the+fight+for+europe

The author’s style is a little funky in places, but the subject matter is riveting. Stewart fiercely avoided publicity during the war, and never talked about his service afterward, so this account is based on military records and the memoirs and recollections of others.

He was so geared to military flying that before the war he bought a Stinson 105, knowing that the type was used by the Army, and figuring that experience in it would give him a leg up. He was a squadron commander in B-24s in England, flew 20 missions. The story of what it did to him emotionally almost sounds like a real-life “Frank Savage” from Twelve O’Clock High. Making the film It’s A Wonderful Life right after the war was a catharsis for him, as well as for Frank Capra.

Back