The Pig - BQ1 - 9/23

Can't reserve a table and are you done crayoning?

But feel free to bring chairs if you're planning on staying for a while and watching planes.

I thought you were trying to get us a table. :eek: Must have been another thread.

Unfortunately the crayons all melted. I'll have to get creative. ;)

I thought you were trying to get us a table. :eek: Must have been another thread.

Unfortunately the crayons all melted. I'll have to get creative. ;)

I think what we were discussing was having someone show up a little early to get our name on the list, but unfortunately they won't let us reserve in advance. I'm gonna try to get a somewhat accurate headcount by Thursday and if it's enough people maybe they'll make an exception but I don't think so.

Count me in, looks like my flight to the west coast isn't until 5:30 so that gives me plenty of time to make it. The Swift is in annual so I may end up riding my motorcycle down there. Its also about a 9 minute flight so it's hardly worth it anyway. Do you think the motorcycle dudes would look at me funny if I show up on a bike and start hanging out with a group of pilots?

Count me in, looks like my flight to the west coast isn't until 5:30 so that gives me plenty of time to make it. The Swift is in annual so I may end up riding my motorcycle down there. Its also about a 9 minute flight so it's hardly worth it anyway. Do you think the motorcycle dudes would look at me funny if I show up on a bike and start hanging out with a group of pilots?
Only if you ride in with your arms spread and yelling, WEEEEEEEEEE!

I'll be there.. showing up between noon and 12:30pm...

Good idea.. I will bring a chair...

Count me in. Probably bring my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure about that?

Smdh-Donald-Trumps-New-Year-Tweet-Will-Make-Your-Skin-Boil-360x200.jpg

Unfortunately, I have only three options:

Don't go
Bring my son
Bring my son and wife

You tell me what you would do

Don't go
Bring my son
Bring my son and wife

bring the boy. Leave the woman. She's gonna have to listen to us talk about man stuff like the Corps and won't understand......mine doesn't....just sayin...

Don't go
Bring my son
Bring my son and wife

Well, now that you put it that way, bring the kid, wife too as it sounds like there will be other wives & eman there.

alright, looking for a wednesday update, and will ask for one final one tomorrow. then tomorrow I'll call them with whatever headcount I have at that time and let em know there's a PoA Storm a comin'.

@Dave Theisen
@Grum.Man
@Ronbonjovi
@TRocket (I'm just reminding T that we're flying...to the pig....on saturday.....gonna be nice....)
@N659HB (busy crayoning a PoA sign but he's in)
@SPAJC (pretty sure he's in)
@bstickleycos (c'mon Brittany, we don't really bite!!)
@Velocity173
@Ryanb
@bflynn
@falconkidding
@Bill Watson
@Kelvin (maybe?)
@midlifeflyer (maybe?)
@bluerooster
@Radar Contact
@Lance F
@Bill Jennings
@RyanLikesFlying
@Morgan3820

confirmed:
flysince9 (+1)
eman
skydog (+1 or 2)
frank.durham +2
dell30rb (driving)
Tflhndn +1

Probably not going to make it. I have to complete the annual on the Grumman for it's new owner.

I don't even understand that... Maybe I should stay home and just send the wife who, by the way, will be attending... Just in case we talk about stuff like Corps...

Twas' a joke, my friend.....I invited my wife as well....

@eman1200, Skyvector indicates BQ1 is open to the public, but the "coordinates" link on the Pig's web page says permission required to land there. Which is correct?

@eman1200, Skyvector indicates BQ1 is open to the public, but the "coordinates" link on the Pig's web page says permission required to land there. Which is correct?

it's public. no permission needed.

but even if it were private, we're PoA and we'll land where we dayum well please!

It's a privately-owned airport open to public use. Restaurant web page just hasn't been updated.

It was technically private use until around 2 years ago. Even back then, I don't think anyone except visitors from other regions ever asked for permission.

Well unfortunately count me out now....selling and buying house and have to use this weekend to get ready for market. Sorry gents...and ladies....have fun. I'll see y'all next time!

Well unfortunately count me out now....selling and buying house and have to use this weekend to get ready for market. Sorry gents...and ladies....have fun. I'll see y'all next time!

D U D E

....It was technically private use until around 2 years ago. Even back then, I don't think anyone except visitors from other regions ever asked for permission.

yeah, the first coupl'a times I went I called him up and asked if it was ok to fly in. he said something like "don't git yer britches all up in a wad. I reckon ya can fly in whenever you're fixin ta". and I was like "I don't know what language that is but can you just answer my question?"

yeah, the first coupl'a times I went I called him up and asked if it was ok to fly in. he said something like "don't git yer britches all up in a wad. I reckon ya can fly in whenever you're fixin ta". and I was like "I don't know what language that is but can you just answer my question?"
LOL! There are a number of private airports like that. "Everyone knows" you can just fly in. Except, of course, those who don't. ;)

What is the radio call?

"Pig traffic, Beercan 666 is downwind....

Radio silence is preferred. Noise abatement procedures are in affect. ;-)

you have to speak pig latin...........eh? eh? see what I did there?

Gilliam McConnell traffic is standard procedure. You may or may not get a traffic report from Roland depending on if he is sitting in his truck watching or not.

...and remember, BQ1 has no weather reporting. For those unfamiliar, if you want to get a sense of the winds, most folks around here will dial in the AWOS from KSOP, which is only 7 NM to the southeast.

The winds don't matter at BQ1... the windsock looks something like this:

upload_2017-9-20_14-30-17.png

And they're always 90 degrees off runway heading anyway...

Back