For Sale $150 OFF - Switchbox 2G for Preheat Remote Start

phillipny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
phillipny
$150 OFF - Switchbox 2G for Preheat Remote Start

Cooler months are here and we are running a limited time special for the Switchbox 2G, if you would like to incorporate into your pre-heating operations.

Check the details/pictures below and let us know if you are interested. $150 OFF for a limited time.

----------

Switchbox Control. We have updated the various Iphone, Ipad and Android Apps for Switchbox, so they all sync together and offer similar features. Happy to help, and you can download for free here.

New FREE App Download here iPhone or iPad
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/switchbox-app/id907598362?mt=8
Android here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.switchboxcontrol&hl=en

The SwitchBox

The easiest, cheapest and safest way to remote control any electrical device.
http://switchboxcontrol.com/the-switch-box/

For Pilots: No more driving to the airport hours before a flight. Turn on your Engine Heater from your cellphone, and simplify your cold flying routine! TIP: Activate a 2nd device like a Cabin Heater for your sensitive avionics, or a Coffee Maker before you arrive!

For General Use: Your new 'Smart Home' with the easy automation from SwitchBox. Remote control your heating, lighting and air conditioning, from anywhere in the world. TIP: Turn On the A/C before you get home, or check to see if you left the lights On and turn them Off.

Specifications

- Electrical: 120V/60hz. Max Power Handling 1800W

- Features: Custom Timer up to 18 hours, Security List for blocking unknown callers, Includes 10' extended Antenna

- Warranty: 1 year Mfr parts & labor, 30day money back guarantee, FCC and CE certified

- Operating Manual found at http://switchboxcontrol.com/s/switchboxmanual.pdf

- Shipping: In Stock

---------

Pictures and Press Below

xZG9vZe.jpg

l7ejd8f.jpg

CO3jm1H.jpg

NQ9ZIiw.jpg

612JfGQ.jpg

I am very interested!

T-Mobile is not in Alaska, but they piggyback on someone else's network. All I can find is a 4G coverage map. If my area has 4G, will the 2G box work?

How do I get the discount?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i am interested too. how do i get it?

PM me and i will get you in the system

All orders shipped today. Check your email for tracking.

I just ordered one and should be here any day now and will post how well it works. I bought it to turn on my Reiff heating system.

I just ordered one and should be here any day now and will post how well it works. I bought it to turn on my Reiff heating system.
I've been using it for years, no problems.

Of all the bad luck! I ordered mine only to find out the wait list for powered tie downs at my local airport are six months to a year!

I'll make sure it works, then keep it for when I find another option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got a lot of messages about using Switchbox and pre-heating off-the-grid.

For example, no mains 120V hangar power, based in a field or transient parking where you are unable to run a 100' extension cord across the taxiway. A lot of my staple airports in New England had this issue (ie Bar Harbor, Maine and Long Island, NY and Westerly/N.Central RI). Most guys would use a red dragon and propane, but I wanted to use my electric heater and Switchbox! There was just one electrical outlet for preheating for all the planes outside of hangars. It was near the FBO and during snow season, the snow plow operator would not allow any planes to stay next to the wall. All planes had to be tied down in proper spots.

My aircraft was based in New York and no electricity there too, so we worked on it last season and created a solution! We developed a "field box" which is a 120V power bank, with Switchbox for activating pre-heat when needed. It worked great all winter and we had a lot of pilots asking us how to do it. Its primarily these devices:

- 2x 6V Trojan T105 batteries in series (Tried all batteries, this is the best)
- Power inverter spec'd with a wired remote ON/OFF button
- Switchbox pressing that "wired remote button" via App/Cellular connection and passing 120V to heaters
- Field Box from Walmart

Each flight, I got about 7.5h of heating time for my 350W oil pad heater. If your heater/cylinder bands are 600-700W then less time is needed and remote start just 4h before flight. If more time is needed, then bigger batteries.

For charging, either solar or another set freshly charged from home. I chose the 2nd set option, since my airport did not allow solar panels next to the plane unattended. Also needs a lot of sun to recharge the batteries.

A lot of pilots we learned were in the same camp, no 120V in the hangar or electric post for pre-heating, and in a field somewhere. This worked for them and no risk of killing batteries in the cold since the inverter shuts down at 30% remaining battery level... leaving some juice in there to keep it safe. Lot of rural pilots could pre-heat remotely off the grid, and I would travel with this setup for pre-heating on the road.

* Nice feature the 4G Switchbox unit has, with it's battery backup ability... The Switchbox would text me when the inverter actually turned off because the battery level was low. Then you got about 30mins with a good cowl and prop cover till you should start the engine! Then our mascot enjoys the warm blanket during pre-flight!*

Pics below. PM me if you'd like some more info

aH1hJqM.jpg

KA6EnH1.jpg

ZMt2LRG.jpg

yfhiZoJ.jpg

1PH4gLv.jpg

Fi5UQgD.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like either AT&T or TMobile can be used...AT&T website says 2g service is shut off. How does this work then? Thanks!

Hey Paul,

Switchbox 2G - Tmobile only
Switchbox 4G - ATT or Tmobile

Hey Paul,

Tmobile is working great at KATW (at least thats what they said over phone and coverage map) see below.

But it might be just the new 4G cell towers. Not sure if they have the 2G technology inside their towers

RTouZvf.jpg

Thanks

Hey Paul,

Tmobile is working great at KATW (at least thats what they said over phone and coverage map) see below.

But it might be just the new 4G cell towers. Not sure if they have the 2G technology inside their towers

RTouZvf.jpg

48571-83770d26eb2362d88071a582a10b0678.jpg
Note the green is 3g not 2g....

Attachments

• 2G.JPG
    2G.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 10
Hey Paul, PM me so i can help you there. Will be easier than inside the thread.

Only few units left in stock, more built on Monday if anyone wants the $150 special.

Order soon, we will keep the $150 discount for a short time into October and then go back to regular pricing for the pre-heating season.

Ending on 10/6 for the $150 off. PM if interested.

$150 instant discount has ended. Happy to help with all the new orders.

Back