2 seat basic aerobatic fun plane

This has 2 seats...

benandarlonmed.jpg

Why not "experimental"? There are some really nice RV-4/6 for sale. For $68k, you'll get a lot of airplane for your money. Just get a prepurchase inspection.

You can pull the wings off certified airplanes just as easy as experimental. Doing tumbling maneuvers, or high Gs on really light aerobatic aircraft means HAVE TO BE below aerobatic max weight in order to preserve the safety margin. Rans and similar aircraft are so light, that means many macho he-man pilots have a tough time getting aircraft down to aerobatic max and still put enough gas in it.

Last edited:
that was scary for a coupl'a reasons: 1) post crash fire, and 2) for acro planes that are doing acro and lose a wing and don't have a full chute, even with a chute strapped to your back you can see how difficult it would be to open a canopy, undo your belt and actually be able to get out of the plane. I'm talking more about the plane spinning so fast, pinning you to your seat.

that was scary for a coupl'a reasons: 1) post crash fire, and 2) for acro planes that are doing acro and lose a wing and don't have a full chute, even with a chute strapped to your back you can see how difficult it would be to open a canopy, undo your belt and actually be able to get out of the plane. I'm talking more about the plane spinning so fast, pinning you to your seat.

latest

Anyone know of something easier to find in the US that is equivalent to this?

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/20694745/1993-slingsby-t67m-mk-ii
[...]
Looking at 2 seat, light aerobatic planes.
Are you looking for a light aerobatic airplane or something equivalent to the Slingsby? They're not exactly comparable. For aerobatic, a Pitts S2 is a good call but it's a lot more capable (aerobatically) than the Slingsby and higher workload to fly, say, an extended X-C or in IMC. :eek: For something more Slingsby-like, you'll be hard pressed to find something as capable (envelope-wise) for reasonable money. An RV-6 or 7 is a pretty good match (and ~500-700 lb lighter) but experimental. Citabria or Decathlon maybe, but a lot slower.

Nauga,
and a square peg

This is video from an S1 that went down in the Neuse River this year.

Are you looking for a light aerobatic airplane or something equivalent to the Slingsby? They're not exactly comparable. For aerobatic, a Pitts S2 is a good call but it's a lot more capable (aerobatically) than the Slingsby and higher workload to fly, say, an extended X-C or in IMC. :eek: For something more Slingsby-like, you'll be hard pressed to find something as capable (envelope-wise) for reasonable money. An RV-6 or 7 is a pretty good match (and ~500-700 lb lighter) but experimental. Citabria or Decathlon maybe, but a lot slower.

I like the low-wing, bubble canopy-type planes. The RV 6/7 as some have suggested is a good comparison/option. Just curious if there was something certified like this with a chute. However, I think you are right about being hard-pressed to find something similar to the chuteless Slingsby for reasonable money.

Back