Light Brown Apple Moth Spraying

jollyroger

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
jollyroger
I can't believe I have to deal with this. I'm going to leave the area while they are spraying. Supposedly they will be flying about 500 AGL and spray a pheromone that prevents these moths from mating.

What ticks me off is that they are doing this despite the entire county not wanting to have it done. This is got to be illegal on some level.

http://lbamspray.info/

Maybe they're sending these out to fight them.

Attachments

• sphinxmoth.jpg
    sphinxmoth.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 22
Do a quick search on Quagga mussels and see how much good non-native invasive species do...

Those of us who grew up in mosquito country have been dealing with aerial pesticide spraying since we were little kids *twitch* To my knowledge it never affected any of us *twitch*

Those of us who grew up in mosquito country have been dealing with aerial pesticide spraying since we were little kids *twitch* To my knowledge it never affected any of us *twitch*

Good lord, I remember all us kids in the neighborhood chasing the fog truck down the street, playing in the pesticide spray. It's a wonder I turned out to be as smart and good looking as I am.

Good lord, I remember all us kids in the neighborhood chasing the fog truck down the street, playing in the pesticide spray. It's a wonder I turned out to be as smart and good looking as I am.
Ut oh, I am searching for the appropriate smilie for this one! :needpics: Finally, a perfect post for this one!!!!! Where is that picture of the iHusky?????????

Last edited:
I remember those days. The mist was almost aromatic to a little kid.

Who knows what we were really sniffing back then? :dunno:

It was DDT. :hairraise:
Yep... such dangerous stuff!

It's pretty sad when after the use was killed, it turns out that would have been the best defense against spread of Malaria in Africa. And, no one died but the bugs.

It was DDT. :hairraise:

Yep... such dangerous stuff!

It's pretty sad when after the use was killed, it turns out that would have been the best defense against spread of Malaria in Africa. And, no one died but the bugs.

Th bald eagle, among other birds, was very nearly wiped out until DDT was banned.

Celia and I were joking about how, when she was a kid in Houston, they did the same. :rofl:

Back