Gaston's V in 2008...attendance list

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Here's what I have so far. This list was started on the red board and there are a few people from there that aren't here. It's hard for me to keep up sometimes. :)

Diana and Tom Richards
Steve and Mary See
Bill Jennings
Jesse
Sheri Marlin
Felix Morio
Ed Guthrie
James Dean
Lance and Sue Flynn
Spike Cutler
Kevin Standley
Dave B.
Tony Condon
Kaye
Chip Gibbons
Bruce and Sue Chien
Gil Valez and Sue
Tom Fleischman
Kim and Phil Pardon
Grant and Leslie Prellwitz
Gary and Mary Mascelli
Greg and Sharon Bockelman
Purdue ?
Joe Areeda ?
Allan and Kathy Lindsay
Mike Andrews
Brent Johnson
Ken Ibold
Scott Migaldi
Ron Levy ?
PJ Gustafson + 3 ?
Kent Shook
Matt
Tristan
Troy and Teresa Whistman
Dave Siciliano
Lance Fisher ?
Nick Brennan +1
Ed Fred
William Barnhill
Bob Bement
Josh and Susan Wynne
Sleek-Jet ?
Frank Brown ?
Jason W.
Bobcat Bill and family
HolySchott ?
Dean and Kelly Davis
Brook
Dave and Carleen
Brent, Dawn, and Mikayla Bradford

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:
Hmmm....I didn't make the list:( I feel like I just got put on the sucky dodge ball team.

But at least you're on the list now. I have a question mark. I guess Diana doubts my commitment ... sigh. Typical female. :rolleyes:

the question is: what kind of airplane are you going to have this year?

Progress is being made on the new website. I promise :)

I'm going to do whatever I can to be there. It will just depend on either what the flying budget looks like or if I can convince my mentor and his girlfriend to go. So, list PJ Gustafson + 3 with a question mark. If I can't convince them to come, then it'll be me + the better half. I'm hoping that I'll still be able to make a reservation once I actually find out if I can commit to coming.

I just booked a two room, one bath cottage. I think we are agreeable to share one of the room, if anyone is interested. One double bed available.

Of course, this may be dependent upon our 16 year old son coming. That probably won't happen however.

I do recall that now that you mention it Bill.

Proof:

dsc_0047_mid.jpg

I will be there, and as usual will be looking for a spare couch or bed. I probably will wait until we are a little closer though and peoples plans are more ironed out. not sure what im going to be flying this year, guess it'll be a surprise.

Did those two years ago, about three people loved them, the rest dreamt of eating their down pillows that night...;)

If I can make it down there this time (I'm not going to plan on being there, because that always seems to jinx it), I will gladly trade beer brats for moonpies and RC's. :D

Diana, Better put Sue's name with mine (unless you know something I don't :p)

Diana, Better put Sue's name with mine (unless you know something I don't :p)
Maybe put Sue's name with Bruce, too? :dunno::yes::blowingkisses:

How about the other spouses & SOs?
(I almost started naming them, then I thought about the other thread where I tried something like that! :rofl::no:)

That's a good question! I mean, one simply CAN'T show up wearing the same airplane year after year. How gauche!

Well, hopefully I'll be able to bring a Super Cub or Apache or something this year, but if not I'll still be there in good ol' N271G as usual. Maybe I should reserve a cabin...

If I move to the CONUS and am east of the Rocky Mountains I will come :yes: International Falls is still a possibility but WAYYYYYYY too early to commit.

Last edited:
I plan to come down with Amy in the 140, WX permitting. Everyone hope for good VFR.

Otherwise, I guess I could rent a 172 with someone (*hint, Tony*) and go down there minivan style. I'm going to have to log some time in a trike at some point...

M

Hey Matt, if you make it down, and I make it down you can get some time in my trike. And seeing as we're the only two guys to land our planes at night there, we should really probably do it then. :goofy:

I plan to come down with Amy in the 140, WX permitting. Everyone hope for good VFR.

Otherwise, I guess I could rent a 172 with someone (*hint, Tony*) and go down there minivan style. I'm going to have to log some time in a trike at some point...

M

if the 3 of us go i would recommend 182RG. cheaper per mile and much more comfy, better performance, more suited for IFR.

Will distance from the factory count towards furthest traveled aircraft?

I want to come again too Dianna, don't leave me out! It's a lot of fun. Although it's funny that most of us fly there hoping to take rides in other people's airplanes! Gotta love the curious and fun world of being a pilot.

Diana, I plan to fly in with my wife (Teresa). Probably in a G1000 C172, but could be in a 2007 Decathlon if I get checked out in time. Will make reservations and final commitment to the trip mid-December.

Ok stupid question (since im new)
Where and when is the fly-in? Im "hopefully" getting a plane here soon and looking for some trips to take! (PJ, let me knwo if you'll split gas!).

Clint
(Piper Archer II in case anyone was wondering)

Ok stupid question (since im new)
Where and when is the fly-in? Im "hopefully" getting a plane here soon and looking for some trips to take! (PJ, let me knwo if you'll split gas!).

Clint
(Piper Archer II in case anyone was wondering)

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14602

The weekend of D-Day plus 64 years at 3M0

http://www.gastons.com/

It will be my first year there. All I have been hearing about is how great it will be and what a good job Diane does. So I am expecting only the best weekend of my life. But hey, Diane, no pressure ;););):D:D:D

Hope you can come Clint.

Last edited:
This has always looked like fun... it's just to soon for me to commit to going though... might end up being one of the late arrivals...

Let's be clear, so no one gets the wrong impression.

My first time was G2, and I had a blast.

We were all making plans for the next year, the next week.

I have made it every year since.

Some of my favorite people, I met there, people I regard as special and genuine friends.

It's not the place, it's the people, but the place is as good as it gets to nurture the fun and the fellowship.

Seeing my friends at Gaston's may well be the highlight of my year.

Back