Stroke & Antidepressants

Get another job, on the ground, today. Your flying days are over. Find another reason to get up in the morning. Or you could keep flying and hope these dots are never connected, until after the event.

(I think this is the first time I have ever not advised someone to contact Dr. Bruce.)

im with you 100% the intentional concealing...planned all the way around.

Get another job, on the ground, today. Your flying days are over. Find another reason to get up in the morning. Or you could keep flying and hope these dots are never connected, until after the event.

(I think this is the first time I have ever not advised someone to contact Dr. Bruce.)

steps to proceed with taking care of this issue?

Are you looking for advice on concealing the illegal activity or advise on how to stop it?

REALLY DO APPRECIATE ALL OF THE HELP? Didn't know where to go.

THANKS. I have been up ALL NIGHT - no sleep WAITING on 9 am central time to come around for me to contact FAA Aero in Oklahoma City.

How soon do you think they'd investigate this issue? Would they take immediate action and ground the pilot at least until an investigation is done? Simple inquiries even?
I think it would depend on how solid your proof is. If they have to do some digging then it might take time. If you have solid proof then they might issue an emergency suspension very quickly.

Apologies. Thought you were talking about YOURSELF. Yes report him. Tell them all you know in one phone call. They'll take it from there. Good luck, you are doing the right thing. You won't regret it.

I think it would depend on how solid your proof is. If they have to do some digging then it might take time. If you have solid proof then they might issue an emergency suspension very quickly.

Location of service rendered: Names and locations of all hospitals

Voice message left by the part admitting that he had a stroke

Message sent admitting he had a stroke

Are there ANY kind of antidepressants permitted at all? Saw CNN article that read that 4 are ok, but it was written in 2012.

Only under certain very specific circumstances.

THANKS. I have been up ALL NIGHT - no sleep WAITING on 9 am central time to come around for me to contact FAA Aero in Oklahoma City.

How soon do you think they'd investigate this issue? Would they take immediate action and ground the pilot at least until an investigation is done? Simple inquiries even?
Lol. After 4 years you are so bothered that you can't sleep?

What happened in the other recent similar case of which we on these boards are aware, the FAA immediately sent a demand letter to the pilot for all medical records. The pilot knew the gig was up and self grounded, didn't bother sending in records. I speculate that if the pilot ignores that request the FAA would act very quickly getting said records themselves then demand surrender of the certificate. In the case of commercial carrier pilot I do not know if it's handled differently but I would hope very expedited. That being said I don't think they can ground you until they have confirmed the evidence you give them.

Anyone notice this is the second "situation" the OP has posted? An OP that just joined today
I'm voting for troll. Or else the OP is actively looking for reasons to get other pilots grounded. Maybe move up the seniority list?

Yes, I'm sceptical.

Lol. After 4 years you are so bothered that you can't sleep?

It can take time to come around to betraying a possible friend or coworker. Took me a few weeks to turn in a coworker who was embezzling. But in the end you gotta do what's right.

PS edit but yeah four years is a bit long. Unless OP wasn't aware of the whole story all that time.

Anyone notice this is the second "situation" the OP has posted? I'm voting for troll. Or else the OP is actively looking for reasons to get other pilots grounded. Maybe move up the seniority list?

Yes, I'm sceptical.
I am too, but whatever, my answer doesn't change.

What happened in the other recent similar case of which we on these boards are aware, the FAA immediately sent a demand letter to the pilot for all medical records. The pilot knew the gig was up and self grounded, didn't bother sending in records. I speculate that if the pilot ignores that request the FAA would act very quickly getting said records themselves then demand surrender of the certificate. In the case of commercial carrier pilot I do not know if it's handled differently but I would hope very expedited. That being said I don't think they can ground you until they have confirmed the evidence you give them.
If the evidence is credible and the airman is not responding, the FAA can issue a revocation without further information from the airman.

It can take time to come around to betraying a possible friend or coworker. Took me a few weeks to turn in a coworker who was embezzling. But in the end you gotta do what's right.
I'm thinkin' ya prolly didn't go to a web board to get advice on how to report it. You prolly talked to your boss or perhaps the business owner. This guy is a troll.

If the evidence is credible and the airman is not responding, the FAA can issue a revocation without further information from the airman.

Ah thanks. The non-response itself is sufficient cause to revoke. Makes sense.

I'm thinkin' ya prolly didn't go to a web board to get advice on how to report it. You prolly talked to your boss or perhaps the business owner. This guy is a troll.

A distinct possibility.

I am too, but whatever, my answer doesn't change.

Agree. When I suspect troll I still answer as if not just in case it's not. And in this case if it's not, the public is in danger.

Reopened after MC vote. If it goes nuts it will be closed again.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back