[NA] Surge suppressor [NA] (ie help me shop, again)

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
4 (or more) 120V ports
2 (or more) ethernet receptacles
calledAPC - only have single ethernet port products

not seeing any 120V protection, just ethernet.
Maybe you mean buy this plus a 120V surge protection?
This device or similar. No real reason to limit it to one device is there?

I must have worded my OP poorly, sorry.

I need to plug several 120V items in; ie computer, monitor, printer etc and have them protected with this device
And also protect 2+ ethernet connections ie computer, printer etc which go to server - thanks!
Yeah, you probably won't find an all in one with two Ethernet. Power surge protectors are pretty easy to come by. The APC ones have a pretty good warranty.

Where are you running Ethernet? Do you really need surge suppression on those ports? Short runs I wouldn't worry too much about. Now, if you have Ethernet runs going outside the house, that's a whole different story.

the whole building is wired; many devices interconnected - worry about lightning nailing not just one device but multiples - want to confine the damage

Thanks Ghery. I actually gave up. I guess it is best to buy 120V and ethernet suppressors separately. It might be overkill as the lines coming into the building have protection but I am definitely belt and suspenders over lightning as my track record is about 350$ per year in losses. (printers, phones, phone puters, fax machines, computers, surge suppressors - just another joy of living in the country)

Thanks Ghery. I actually gave up. I guess it is best to buy 120V and ethernet suppressors separately. It might be overkill as the lines coming into the building have protection but I am definitely belt and suspenders over lightning as my track record is about 350$ per year in losses. (printers, phones, phone puters, fax machines, computers, surge suppressors - just another joy of living in the country)

Even if the lines coming in are protected, secondary protection is not a bad idea. And if you are living in an area where you are suffering losses every year, you have demonstrated a need for that secondary protection.

Back