Garmin Panel Question

livitup

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
livitup
Quick question for anyone familiar with Garmin equipment. I'm drooling over stuff on TAP and I came across this:

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...l=M20K+231&listing_id=2180154&s-type=aircraft

I'm not really up to date on what Garmin has been up to since the 430/530 days. So here's what has me confused...

The left side has a 530 and a pair of King radios for COM2/NAV2. Simple enough. But the right side has a GTN750 and another pair of King radios under it. The Garmins seem to be slaved to each other (at least they are displaying the same frequencies) and so do the King radios.

First off, doesn't the 750 also include NAV/COM transceivers? So are there actually 4 transmitters on this plane?

Second off, why put the 750 all the way on the right side, where using it will mean reaching across the cockpit? It seems like if I owned this plane, I'd want to smash the 750 screen the most, and use the 530 as my secondary radio, but the ergonomics of this layout feel the other way around.

If I were designing this panel, I'd strip the King radios, put the 750 where the 540 is, and then put the 540 on the copilot side. Am I missing something really obvious?

They mixed up photos from before and after the 750 upgrade. You can see where the gear handle is with both the 530 and 750 photos. This is yet another good example of how not to take photos to sell an aircraft. 6 pictures of an engine and not even one good shot of the whole panel.

They mixed up photos from before and after the 750 upgrade. You can see where the gear handle is with both the 530 and 750 photos. This is yet another good example of how not to take photos to sell an aircraft. 6 pictures of an engine and not even one good shot of the whole panel.

OMG, duh! How did I not notice the power controls in the 750 photo. That makes SO much more sense. :)

Thanks!

Back