Wire cash and sign As Is contract before you can see the acft.

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Hi everyone.

That is what many buyers are asked to do and it would seem that the As Is portion is encouraged by a large Aircraft pilot organization.

Does anyone think this is a recipe for disaster, when you think / see that some are falsely advertising aircraft that they not own?

What's the logic in accepting that?

Before you can *see* the aircraft?

Yeah, NOPE.

Seems like a pretty obvious scam

People here are saying no yet it happens all the time. I am currently sitting in a hangar where three of the four airplanes in it were bought with no prebuy inspection and the owner never saw the planes until they were sitting in his hangar and he owned them.

In my opinion, it really depends on what you're buying. If you're buying off the top of the market you're probably fine doing this. A middle of the road airplane will be more risky, and a bottom end airplane is almost guaranteed to have some surprises and problems.

Logistics can make it hard to visit an aircraft prior to putting some earnest money down but I'd try to at least view the airplane and possibly fly it prior to paying the full amount.

Does get rid of tire kickers, but it reminds me of.....

After I receive your $10,000 I'll show you the water front property I have here in New Mexico.....

Complete crap. This isn't 1975. Today, there are way more sellers than buyers.

Hi everyone.

That is what many buyers are asked to do and it would seem that the As Is portion is encouraged by a large Aircraft pilot organization.

Does anyone think this is a recipe for disaster, when you think / see that some are falsely advertising aircraft that they not own?

Pls provide an example.

People here are saying no yet it happens all the time. I am currently sitting in a hangar where three of the four airplanes in it were bought with no prebuy inspection and the owner never saw the planes until they were sitting in his hangar and he owned them.
There is a big difference between someone buying an airplane without personally seeing it first and a seller refusing to even SHOW the airplane unless a potential buyer wires money.

I personally have purchased two airplanes (my Baron and then the Twin Beech) without ever seeing them myself. But in both cases I had reputable people that I personally knew do the pre-buys.

I've sent deposit money to escrow sight unseen that I could get back if the plane wasn't as advertised/represented. Full payment as-is sight unseen? Notgonnadoit.

There is a big difference between someone buying an airplane without personally seeing it first and a seller refusing to even SHOW the airplane unless a potential buyer wires money.

Agreed. I don't think that is what is happening here though, but I can see how the original post could be interpreted that way.

I've sent deposit money to escrow sight unseen that I could get back if the plane wasn't as advertised/represented. Full payment as-is sight unseen? Notgonnadoit.
Keep in mind, escrow services typically have a 'service fee' that is forfeited if you backed out.

Agreed. I don't think that is what is happening here though, but I can see how the original post could be interpreted that way.

Yeah, the OP was a little ambiguous. I think it might be more typical to say that many brokers/sellers will require a deposit before allowing the buyer to perform a pre-buy inspection.

giphy.gif

Escrow wasn't mentioned but I don't have any problems with escrow.

I don't think the OP even really knows what's going on, considering no "major aviation organization" suggests any such thing as the OP claims they do. One does recommend using escrow, but I think the OP is clueless.

Yeah, it's a buyer's market. Send me $500 plus travel and I will come see your airplane!

What 'large aircraft pilot organization?'

Send money first? who says that?

Does get rid of tire kickers, but it reminds me of.....

After I receive your $10,000 I'll show you the water front property I have here in New Mexico.....

For sure gets rid of tire kickers, get rid of buyers too, you'll never be bothered again lol

We just went through a buy, my god is the search a terrible experience. Seems like most owners don't want to share anything, fewest pictures possible and of poor quality. Some owners spewing "sign a contract and we will get started." How hard is it to take a few pictures inside wings and under a cowl? Some of these owners deserve a bill for the time and effort spent to come look at their junk ass planes.

One of them advertised "no damage history" and the thing was hailed out badly but the pictures sent were so small you can’t really tell! Spent two days driving to see an overpriced damaged plane...

I don't think the OP even really knows what's going on, considering no "major aviation organization" suggests any such thing as the OP claims they do. One does recommend using escrow, but I think the OP is clueless.

Hi Nate.
I assume the air is somewhat polluted with things that affect concentration focus, assuming one lives in Denver.;)

The original post said " ...the As Is portion is encouraged by a large Aircraft pilot organization."

I know, I am waiting for it, see the pig joke above.
Please stick to the subject. Thank you.

I agree.

Hi Nate.
I assume the air is somewhat polluted with things that affect concentration focus, assuming one lives in Denver.;)

The original post said " ...the As Is portion is encouraged by a large Aircraft pilot organization."

I know, I am waiting for it, see the pig joke above.
Please stick to the subject. Thank you.

I tend to have low focus on utterly retarded questions, yes. I started skimming at "send money without seeing the aircraft". Waste of time.

Seems like most owners don't want to share anything, fewest pictures possible and of poor quality

I have been looking, I asked a broker "Find out what it normally trues out at in cruise" (this is not a cookie cutter airplane - they are all very, very different. The broker's answer was " I asked the owner, and he said it is 'fast'."
Another one I went to see; owner failed to disclose to the broker that the airplane had no functioning primary flight instruments, I found out when I got there.

There was recently a thread on this site where this very thing was expected. Too lazy to look for it, sorry.

Hi everyone.

Was this aircraft t the property of a Nigerian prince?

I have aviation friends who I trust enough to send money on their word. A stranger? No way.

Hi everyone.

Post an example.

If you want to send me money,for my plane ,without seeing it,I'll take it.

Sounds like someone doing research on how to scam in airplane sales. . .

it is fine as long as you are dealing a high quality and knowledgeable and honest dealer,not a person. as I have said before on poa of the 10 of so aircraft I have bought the only 2 I got hosed on were ones I bought myself.

Back