Startos 714 At Oshkosh

citizen5000

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
citizen5000
This is the VLJ to own. Sure the Cirrus is great but this plane is 413ktas @ FL30, Ceiling FL410 1500nm range. Price around $2.2m but that is a guess.

Now after 33 flights and 52 hours in the air the FAA removed the initial flight limitations and the aircraft is now able to pursue more advanced R&D along with marketing survey activity.

The prototype is getting upholstery and painting prior to its public debut at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, July 24-30.

https://generalaviationnews.com/201...irst-phase-of-flight-testing/#comment-1000391

That is one hideous airplane! Did they design it with an etch-a-sketch?
The tail looks sharp with the stabilizer just above the fuselage, maybe with some clever paint it can look a little better. I bet the Cirrus jet painted all while would look a ungainly as well.

I do prefer the engine and intake layout better on the Stratos than the Cirrus, it resembles the French Morane-Saulnier MS.760

Some men should not design and have no taste ...fugly

Still like *some* of its design elements like the side intakes and the jet fighter looks... but other parts of it don't seem as attractive
*Kudos to them, but they will have a tremendous hill to climb against the SF50...

The one in the video above looks pretty nice to me. I sure wouldn't mind owning it. The white one in the article, not so much.

Back