How do I get my neigbor to...

coloradobluesky

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
coloradobluesky
Stop watering the side of my garage with her sprinklers. I asked her to stop, so she just excluded that zone from watering. Then she set a whirly bird sprinkler and watered the garage with that. She says she doesnt want to pay to have the sprinkler heads changed, so she isnt going to do it. I checked with the police and there isn't a city ordianance against it. Cop said I would have to sue her, but thats ridiculous. I could build a fence but really there is no reason to, the setback there is 6' so that space is useless to me. She really should get her sprinklers adjusted. Any ideas?

Put an ugly tarp on the garage wall, to protect it from the water?

Set up your own sprinklers that hit her bedroom window. Set timer to water at 0100 hrs...I believe she might be more willing to adjust hers after a few nights...

Set up your own sprinklers that hit her bedroom window. Set timer to water at 0100 hrs...I believe she might be more willing to adjust hers after a few nights...
Excellent idea, to escalate the annoyance.

Not.

If her sprinklers are right on the property line, you could put up a small shield (like one of the security company signs) that effectively blocks the spray from coming in your direction. Failing that, you could adjust the heads for her. Failing that, well, they are plastic and plastic is susceptible to lots of things...

Siding (mine is stucco) is not designed to be watered. Water wears things out.

If her sprinklers are right on the property line, you could put up a small shield (like one of the security company signs) that effectively blocks the spray from coming in your direction.

I was thinking some pallets propped up on some T bars as hideously as possible till she got the hint.

I reality, it is your problem more than hers even though it is her repsposibilitsy. Sprinkler heads are not that hard or expensive...just offer to change them out on your dime unless you wanna unleash holly war with your neighbor. If they are the RainBird type...it is an easy adjustment...there is a youtube video for everything.

Being right does not always solve the problem.

Last edited:
I reality, it is your problem more than hers even though it is her responsibility. Sprinkler heads are not that hard or expensive...just offer to change them out on your dime unless you wanna unleash holly war with your neighbor. If they are the RainBird type...it is an easy adjustment...there is a youtube video for everything.

Being right does not always solve the problem.

^^^first choice^^^

Cut a planter or something in half and put it on your side of the sprinkler so it acts as a shield

10 bucks

2ff6bbb2-799e-470c-9eed-b6d16d147de7_1.af7fa373a4d5ac99ebb826507d2b9515.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Impact-S...62476&wl11=online&wl12=44971286&wl13=&veh=sem

Most heads can be adjusted for range with a screw driver...just go adjust it.

Accidentally run the sprinkler heads over with the lawn mower?

What's the problem? Noise?

If the water is hard it will leave ugly mineral stains. We have that on our brick house where the sprinklers have hit. Also clouds up the window glass.

Buy a drone, hang a garbage can lid from it a fly it to block the spray. There's an expensive aviation solution for most problems.

Now a normal low cost solution is offer to shield/adjust the head.

Cheers

Since you asked this on an aviation forum, you must some how involve 100LL or Jet-A in the solution.

Well, adjustment may or may not be an option. Sprinkler heads are usually provided in full, half, and quarter circle configurations. If she has full spray heads, I would probably just replace the offending sprinkler heads with half circle heads and be done with it. It's not a big deal.

I concur with this solution.

U don't have to sue - ask nice if you can pay to correct it. If that doesn't fly, for a few bucks U can probably get a lawyer to have an order for her to stop the madness.

Back