Toddler ear protection

They learn pretty quickly to leave them on.. When my daughter was around 18 months I took her up, she pulled them off a few times on that first flight but figured out its much quieter wearing them. After 15 or 20 minutes she left them alone and fell asleep. My wife was with me and was able to keep putting the ear muffs back on, probably wouldn't have worked as well in a 2 seater.

Usually they'll keep it on if it lets them hear or do something they otherwise can't do. If they're listening to a show on the iPad or able to talk to themselves in the intercom (pilot isolate is a blessed feature...) then that helps.

Another option for the little ones are the soft silicone swim earplugs for little kids that form into the external ear, covered by an elastic headband to keep fingers away.

That and the comments above. You will eventually have the Moment of Realization that it is much more comfortable to leave them on vs. off.

Duct tape..??? (says the person without kids)
LOL. I used to be that "guy" on commercial airlines thinking…What the hell is wrong with parents…Can't they shut that kid up. Now a father, I understand….Try to keep a toddler on your lap for 3 hours praying they go to sleep

Car seat he's great…one reason to upgrade my skyhawk to a family transportation vehicle. 3 airline tickets add up, several times a year …maybe a 4th

We have used wax or silicone ear plugs with all of our kiddos. You can pinch off the size you need, they conform to the tiny ears, and if you do it right, they don't fall out easily. We generally used the plugs coupled with low profile ear muffs for extra protection. Then if the kiddo knocked off the muffs, we don't need to worry much. I think I prefer the wax ones over the silicone, but we've used both with success. I think the ones we get are called Mack's, from Wal-Mart.

Whatever you do, don't post any videos of the kids in an airplane after they have knocked off their ear muffs and pulled out their plugs. You will get reamed on POA.

Whatever you do, don't post any videos of the kids in an airplane after they have knocked off their ear muffs and pulled out their plugs. You will get reamed on POA.

Ah, you'll get reamed on POA anyway.

Back