Earhart Survived

The photo isn't evidence of anything yet. It's not clear enough to identify any individual, nor any date/time. There is nowhere near enough to "prove" anything beyond conspiracy-theory level.

I really don't understand you doubters. The pic is just as clear as those of Nessie. Don't you believe in Nessie?

She might not have crashed had she had Foreflight to let her know where to get cheap fuel on the fly...just sayin.

She might not have crashed had she had Foreflight to let her know where to get cheap fuel on the fly...just sayin.

And a Stratus with ADS-B In so she could have seen those Jap Zeros that shot her down.

1164914_orig.jpg

Do you remember "Al Capone's Vault"?
That's a negative ghost rider, I did not see that one.

Two-hour live TV special with Geraldo Rivera, in which they opened an underground vault that was supposedly used by Al Capone and which hadn't been opened in decades. Aired in `86, I think. Lots of build-up and suspense and, when they finally opened the vault, there was nothing.

Did Jimmy Hoffa lock up Amelia in there?

Two-hour live TV special with Geraldo Rivera, in which they opened an underground vault that was supposedly used by Al Capone and which hadn't been opened in decades. Aired in `86, I think. Lots of build-up and suspense and, when they finally opened the vault, there was nothing.
Maybe she's actually locked up in Davy Jones Locker? You think?

I seem to remember that there was an old empty bottle and about a dozen spiders. Yeah, that sure didn't help his rating until he got his nose broke during a talk show.

I read the article the other day. It looked pretty interesting.

Shows of that type were popular back in the 80s. I remember the one where Peter Gimbel had a team that recovered the purser's safe from the Andrea Doria and then opened it on live TV.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Kim Jong-Un is the love child of Earhart and Lindbergh conceived during a secret rescue mission flown by Lindbergh when he was flying missions in the Pacific? Rumor also says he had to leave her behind as there was no room in the P-38 he flew and the C-47 that was to carry her and Noonan was destroyed when the JATO bottles to be used on takeoff exploded on landing in the rescue attempt. Nobody knows how old Kim really is so it must be true.

Stay tuned for the documentary on WeTV based on film found behind the Ark of the Covenant stored in a Secret Government Warehouse under Greenbrier Resort.

Cheers

Pfft - I wont believe it till its on a 4-part cliffhanger of RHOPY* meets Storage Wars: South Pacific

and; uh, Elvis / Nazis / JFK

*Real Housewives of Pyongyang

You'd never be able to make a positive/conclusive ID based off the photo alone, but it is interesting.

The AOL article doesn't really do it justice. I watched an excerpt of the documentary on another site. At first glance the photo doesn't look like much, but they did some forensic work using other photos of Noonan and Earhart that does indeed make it a little more plausible. The photo apparently had been previously classified TS.

Doesn't change the ultimate outcome, but it is nice to see new potential evidence that isn't being used to fund a TIGHAR vacation.

I did in fact go to another source to get the story. It starts to sound plausible once you hear of the accounts of locals claiming to have seen them on the island. I wonder why those stories have been buried for so long? Or perhaps just discounted as rumor?

I did in fact go to another source to get the story. It starts to sound plausible once you hear of the accounts of locals claiming to have seen them on the island. I wonder why those stories have been buried for so long? Or perhaps just discounted as rumor?

As a kid, I was very interested in her disappearance. There were entire books that told the story of her capture and subsequent death at the hands of the Japanese. They mostly relied on sketchy eye witness accounts from locals who related their stories after the war.

So we have a photo purporting to show them on some island someplace that they reached somehow with no Japanese personnel visible and relaxing with what appears to be locals.

They are then captured by the Japanese and taken to Saipan where they die.

Seems entirely plausible to me:rolleyes:

Cheers

It seems a lot more plausible than the extrapolation from compression artifacts that we saw in the other thread, but of course plausibility alone isn't enough to declare the mystery solved.

Hard to believe an attention hound like that would stay out of the limelight.....

Call Josh Gates!!! Or maybe Rick and Marty Lagina!

You forgot to include that hole in the North Pole that the guy was trying to find "research funding" for a couple weeks ago...it must play into this somehow...

You laugh, but in the book "In the Kingdom of Ice" which documents a shall we say, rather difficult arctic expedition searching for the northern passageway by the USS Jeanette, the history of the politics surrounding the arctic voyage are discussed, and many "scientists" of the day thought there would either be a beautiful warm paradise or a giant whirlpool at the pole... take your pick.

And they weren't considered crazy, in fact, they were "the top scientists of their day!"

That thing is just incredibly fun to watch in person.

You laugh, but in the book "In the Kingdom of Ice" which documents a shall we say, rather difficult arctic expedition searching for the northern passageway by the USS Jeanette, the history of the politics surrounding the arctic voyage are discussed, and many "scientists" of the day thought there would either be a beautiful warm paradise or a giant whirlpool at the pole... take your pick.

And they weren't considered crazy, in fact, they were "the top scientists of their day!"

That thing is just incredibly fun to watch in person.
I remember multiple articles in the 70's, I presume by "top scientists", who argued a new ice age was immenient. . .read something the other day explaining that a large component of global warming should be attributed to the fact we are experiencing the end of the most recent ice age. . .

I remember multiple articles in the 70's, I presume by "top scientists", who argued a new ice age was immenient. . .read something the other day explaining that a large component of global warming should be attributed to the fact we are experiencing the end of the most recent ice age. . .
The most recent ice age (actually glacial phase, we're still in an ice age, just in an interglacial warm phase) ended about 12,000 years ago and we've been in an overall cooling trend for several thousand years. We're definitely not experiencing continued warming from the end of the last glacial phase, though some areas are still rising due to being weighed down previously by ice. Maybe the article was referring to the "Little Ice Age", roughly the 14th through 18th centuries?

Whether the photo is legitimate or not, it would seem to me that the reported date of 1940 wouldn't necessarily be grounds for dismissal.
Especially since the article says that the photo was found AMONG photos dated 1940, which leaves open the possibility of misfiling. Still the article looks worth reading, and I plan to finish doing so after I watch the documentary.

"among a batch taken after 1940"

Maybe some day a POTUS will release the true information not only about Amelia but also UFOs/aliens, , who really killed Kennedy, where Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis are living and more importantly how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Maybe some day a POTUS will release the true information not only about Amelia but also UFOs/aliens, , who really killed Kennedy, where Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis are living and more importantly how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Three. I saw it on Tv....

Back