Flight training near Hays KS

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
There may be a move to Hays Kansas in my not too distant future.
Any suggestions for a CFI or rentals near there?

Start asking questions at the local airport, then move out to nearby options as required.

Start asking questions at the local airport, then move out to nearby options as required.

"Nearby options" lol. It's western Kansas. There is nothing nearby. Okay, Rans' shop is nearby.

There is an fbo listed on airnav for the airport that says they do training but their website is about an informational as a business card.

There is an fbo listed on airnav for the airport that says they do training but their website is about an informational as a business card.
Well they have pictures of locomotives and stuff. I like that airnav mentions Great Bend for training and it's 36 miles away. Of course that is straight line distance and not road distance. Count on about an hour travel time. Longer during harvest.

Well they have pictures of locomotives and stuff. I like that airnav mentions Great Bend for training and it's 36 miles away. Of course that is straight line distance and not road distance. Count on about an hour travel time. Longer during harvest.
Right! I saw that website and was like "does this place rent airplanes or covered wagons?"

I'm pretty sure manhattan Kansas has a solid flight school. Even if you don't end up there, I bet they might know of schools closer to you.

I'm pretty sure manhattan Kansas has a solid flight school. Even if you don't end up there, I bet they might know of schools closer to you.
KSU used to have training at Salina too I believe. Dunno if they still do. Closer than Manhattan but still a bit far for training. Plenty of runway at Salina. Overall not much help though.

KSU used to have training at Salina too I believe. Dunno if they still do. Closer than Manhattan but still a bit far for training. Plenty of runway at Salina. Overall not much help though.

I think their whole operation is in Salina.

Back